What's new

New Review Tool

Do you find The Kava Review Tool Useful

• Total voters

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I'm not sure if you have access to the "Appearance" portion of the admin screen, but if you look in "Page_container" you should see coding that makes the entire site responsive. What I mean is to resize the grid when someone has the page not set to full screen.

Edit: Just checked and you should have permission to view that in the admin panel.

It would make the grid fit into the screen. This is what it does right now.
Thanks, I understand now. You're talking about using higher resolutions (the opposite of what I thought). I was thinking you meant the layout of mobile phones where you can only see about 640px wide at a time. If you took a 1024px image and scaled it down to 640px to make the whole grid displayed, it would make it a very very tiny grid. But now I see what you mean. As the res changes the grid needs to adjust to maintain the correct (desired) grid size.

That 'should' be pretty easy to do. So I'll get on it.

Last edited:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
@shakas, ok I was able to 'Duck Punch' the touch screen. It works on my browser, but I have no way to tell on an iPhone.

Basically wherever you see a dotted line, you should be able to touch the line with your finger to drag it to left or right and make the column wider or narrower.

Also you should be able to use your finger to multi-select. Touch your finger on a Product Type then drag your finger down over other Product Types to select them as a group. Also you should be able to touch the 'Types' header to select all types or deselect all types.

Hopefully this will work on your iPhone (I hope). If you don't see the dotted lines, you may have to refresh the page on your browser.

Screenshot 1.png

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
@shakas, oh I forgot to say....

You should also be able to touch a column header (i.e. 'Heady Rating') and drag it left or right to move the column relative to the others.

Bwiggy

I like plants
Hi,

Please let me know if you have problems or suggestions.

BULA
Hi there! @HeadHodge
So excited to see it in place! AND Use it!!
Hey, I think it'd be helpful to have the Instructions right there - immediately available, without clicking anything or looking for the help button. I suggest that All the beautiful credit (thanks for crediting me) be moved to one or two lines, at the very top, or integrated into the guidelines....and that the Instructions/guidelines are right there where just the credits are now. We probably need to add a line to the instructions that when they start populating the form, the instructions they're looking at will go away, but will be available by clicking on Help in the lower left corner.

::kavaleaf:: :joyful:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Hi there! @HeadHodge
So excited to see it in place! AND Use it!!
Hey, I think it'd be helpful to have the Instructions right there - immediately available, without clicking anything or looking for the help button. I suggest that All the beautiful credit (thanks for crediting me) be moved to one or two lines, at the very top, or integrated into the guidelines....and that the Instructions/guidelines are right there where just the credits are now. We probably need to add a line to the instructions that when they start populating the form, the instructions they're looking at will go away, but will be available by clicking on Help in the lower left corner.

::kavaleaf:: :joyful:
Thanks, good feedback. I made some changes to the column resizing, so am very interested if it is working any better for you now.

Bwiggy

I like plants
@HeadHodge Awesome job!:woot:
Column resizing works! I needed it on the "product" column.
Then I noticed if the way product was named, resizing might not be so relevant.
for example, everything is now named like: Kava Extract and Kava Micronized.
What if they were named Micronized Kava and Powdered Kava and Extract - Kava (if you feel that you need to include the word "Kava" at all - otherwise, get rid of it).
It'd be a quicker read.

Then I noticed that the same little square to the left of the section headings - like Vendor and Type - is the same as the little square next to the items in that section, like Kava Beverage and kava candy. It looks like you need to tick the box in the heading area. It wouldn't let me.
I suggest those get removed.

If you want to leave the glorious credits in the middle of the page, where the instructions used to be, it'd be helpful to include a link in that area to the instructions, called "instructions", or a box/link in the top left corner, above type, called "How to Use" or "Instructions"..... Or integrating the credits into the instructions would be cool, and they would only go away when someone clicks "Search"
I'be glad to do the integration with html markup, if that would help.

Great work.::awesomesmiles:: This will benefit me (and many others) for years to come!::kavaleaf::

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
@HeadHodge Awesome job!:woot:
Column resizing works! I needed it on the "product" column.
Then I noticed if the way product was named, resizing might not be so relevant.
for example, everything is now named like: Kava Extract and Kava Micronized.
What if they were named Micronized Kava and Powdered Kava and Extract - Kava (if you feel that you need to include the word "Kava" at all - otherwise, get rid of it).
It'd be a quicker read.

Then I noticed that the same little square to the left of the section headings - like Vendor and Type - is the same as the little square next to the items in that section, like Kava Beverage and kava candy. It looks like you need to tick the box in the heading area. It wouldn't let me.
I suggest those get removed.

If you want to leave the glorious credits in the middle of the page, where the instructions used to be, it'd be helpful to include a link in that area to the instructions, called "instructions", or a box/link in the top left corner, above type, called "How to Use" or "Instructions"..... Or integrating the credits into the instructions would be cool, and they would only go away when someone clicks "Search"
I'be glad to do the integration with html markup, if that would help.

Great work.::awesomesmiles:: This will benefit me (and many others) for years to come!::kavaleaf::
@Bwiggy, this is awesome feedback for me. Thanks!!

When you work alone, one tends to always like what one has done. :) So the feedback is a good reality check.

I'm not sure what you mean by the box/link things. If possible, a screen shot would really help.

Yeah, with 20-20 hindsight, it does seem like using the word kava everywhere is a bit overkill when the only context the names are used is in a review. They're not hard to change, so maybe I'll give it a try in my next update.

I could do either way you've suggested with the instructions. But I'm afraid they are what they are until I do the next update (t.b.d.) Until then, if you could pick which way is best and do some markup for me, that would be awesome. Then I'll have it ready to go when I need it.

Bwiggy

I like plants
Hi there @HeadHodge
I created updated instructions for the second way - so the instructions appear along with the credits.
Here is the fiddle to the html. http://jsfiddle.net/#&togetherjs=UOrDEMwbfj

I guess the whole line about "click help in lower left" could now be taken out.

I see you put the images back in for the cursors. If the images were just cropped tighter, they wouldn't throw the line spacing off so much. I tried to download them (to edit them) and couldn't.. My cursor in Safari doesn't change as indicated by the small images. Either way, we're going to get it if it just says "the cursor will change" instead of "the cursor will change to..." and then the image is shown, IMHO. Also, it will seem more readable with even line spacing. also, IMHO. :barefoot:

Re "When you work alone, one tends to always like what one has done. :) So the feedback is a good reality check."
I hope I didn't make you unlike what you had done.
Just a few suggestions. (y)

Re "the box/link things." - When you first arrive at the review tool, you can't check the little box next to the word "Vendors" etc. there are other issues along these lines.
It won't matter as people get going. It seems like it would be excellent to have the usage guide for people to follow when they arrive at the tool.

Many thanks!
::kavaleaf::::tanoa::::shell:: :happy:

Bwiggy

I like plants
@HeadHodge
P.S. additional suggestions - change col. heading to "anti-anxiety" (repeat of previous suggestion) and under the "type" area in the upper left - the word Kava could follow the adjective, like Blended Kava instead of Kava Blended, etc. (goes along with prev. suggestion syntax about types of products and how they appear in the search results).
I will like it slightly more if those changes are made, but like it no less as is.

Thanks again!

::kavaleaf::

verticity

I'm interested in things
Whos the one person who voted "no"? We should publicly tar and feather them!
I voted "Yes" for the review tool, but I am the sole "no" vote on the poll about whether we should have shoutbox Fridays every friggin Friday. You may apply adhesive and avian modified hairs... to your mother :p

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Whos the one person who voted "no"? We should publicly tar and feather them!
I don't believe in using such primitive techniques. What we 'should' do is strap them to a chair, keep their eye lids open with toothpicks, and force them to listen to Grateful Dead music 24x7 until they are willing to change their vote.