What's new

One Shell of Bad Tudei....

At the risk of sounding weird, I'm weird maybe (Sat. I found a NM copy of Zappa's 200 Motels on 8-track for a buck, along with some other great 8-tracks and vinyl, while dealing with a long walk related to my entire exhaust system falling out far from home and counted the day a happy one), but I'm not a loony.

I was straight and sane before I started drinking kava, and kava just makes me straighter and saner, it's like the anti-drug drug. It takes straight and sober to a whole new level. No?
Man, I hear you. All my drunk friends are dancing around the fire nude. And I'm just sitting there staring with a smile on my face sunk into my lawn chair.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Oh the cynicism.....
Fair enough - I am pretty grumpy this morning. You do have to admit the quick 180 is a bit abrupt, no? Look I am a fan of yours, like your reviews, and as a newer (~1.5years) user value your opinion on kavas. So when you go posting that something definitely has a tudei feel to it I take notice. When it then comes back as testing positive for tudei I think damn Kavasseur is good and knows his shit. It then becomes up to the vendor to give a good explanation why. All of sudden your now saying it is all good and noble, with no issue, and the vendor has not provided an explanation just seems odd - surely you can see why we think this is odd right? Really I got no dog in this fight so it really doesn't matter to me. Just pointing out what it looks like from the outside. Bula!::chugger::

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Man, I hear you. All my drunk friends are dancing around the fire nude. And I'm just sitting there staring with a smile on my face sunk into my lawn chair.
I get the weird looks when I say "sure, I'll have a beer," and then I do just that. Have a beer.

"Well, that beer was great. Why would I want another one? Makes no sense, does it?"

"K??? K-man, the K-meister! Is that you??? Have you been abducted by space aliens???"

"Well, yeah, effectively, I guess. Don't worry, it's not Amway or Crossfit."

Zaphod

Kava Lover
You must have much better looking drunk friends than I do...with or without kava I don't want to see that!

Dr.Krunk

Certified Quack
I highly doubt Kavasseur had any bad intentions in his postings. It just goes against what Kava is about, and he truly appreciates this wonderful plant from what I can tell. I think most of us do, and we all are loony in are own way, after all we spend our free time discussing a plant on a forum! With that said Kavasseur is highly respected in this community (for good reason,) so most don't take his words lightly. So negative statements about a vendor/product are striking to most. Then a muck is made from jumping from one conclusion to another.

He is just a guy that has a passionate hobby about Kava. I believe his intentions to be noble, but what is said directly effects our vendors and forum members. Like in everything we need to keep our vendors accountable, but not outright bash them. If they didn't care they wouldn't take part in the forums in my opinion. With that same token I believe we need to be more careful before we call a Kava Tudei especially with only one session. If further sessions bring the same results then testing needs to be done.

Let's all try to play nice ::hugsmiley::

What's up with the tension in this group, I don't know why everybody's all up in arms about other people's opinions on a product. I can completely understand @Kavasseur having conflicting reviews. Ever had a bad Steak at your favorite restaurant? So many variables going to this wonderful drink, did I squeeze it too hard, let it sit too long, did I not let it sit long enough? I can also appreciate when someone is obviously not bias, every person in here has a favorite and they will always lean towards that and away from others. He gives the names of several companies that he enjoys and several types as well all I have to say is I enjoy the diversity and keep up the good work.

Last edited:
On a second note why the hostility towards nakamal at home? I feel like at this point if everything was tested by a professional, not to say that nobody here is a professional but by a reputable laboratory and come back as Noble it wouldn't mean anything for all the draging through the dirt. Why have the main people of this forum gone completely against one of the oldest names if not THE oldest name in the game in North America

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
On a second note why the hostility towards nakamal at home? I feel like at this point if everything was tested by a professional, not to say that nobody here is a professional but by a reputable laboratory and come back as Noble it wouldn't mean anything for all the draging through the dirt. Why have the main people of this forum gone completely against one of the oldest names if not THE oldest name in the game in North America
We're not against vendors, Vlad. We're for the consumers. When a kava presents itself as possibly having an issue, we address that issue. Be it N@H, BKH, or GHK, we're going to bring it to the attention of the consumers here on this forum.

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

Yeah, I like NAH just fine. I have tried a few of their kavas. But if a kava doesn't test good, then we ring the alarm. And it may be that NAH got hoodwinked by their supplier, who knows? Bottom line, someone complained about it and the test confirmed our worst suspicions. Now that being said, I'm sure NAH will figure out what went wrong and correct the problem. I think I can speak for all of us when I say, "I hope they figure it out and get this behind them".

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
My personal opinion is that some folks thrive in conflict. But I like kapm's answer better, lol.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
@Kavasseur
I think the key issue here was nakamal at home's silence on this issue. We were left to speculate what was happening for quite a while. I understand they might be angry, but ultimately silence just doesn't work when it comes to calming concerned customers. I've just seen a post suggesting that @nakamalathome has offered replacements to dissatisfied customers. Is it true? If yes, that's pretty awesome, but again, I wonder why they didn't write it here?
To be fair, no one tagged him correctly until post #95, so there is that. I know some people emailed him, but whether he was aware of the thread or not is up for question. I also realize he's not a regular around here.