What's new

Plant Spirit Institute (Austria)

D

Deleted member 9642

Hello,

Have you ever heard of this Kava provider ?
I heard about it on the K@ Ink forum, which has a section dedicated to kava. He is an official seller of K@ and CBD (Adrian from k-a-c.at), but has created an association to offer kava to members only : https://[email protected]/index.php?thread/182-kava-shops-und-bezugsquellen/&postID=107261#post107261

I have bought kava several times from Edward (very good), unfortunately he can no longer ship to my country since September. I absolutely need kava because it's the only thing that helps with my PTSD. So I asked Adrian a few questions and place an order for a small quantity (100g) on last Thursday. My payment was received on Friday and since then I have sent several emails to Adrian, without a response. While he had been very responsive during the first emails to inform me and give me the list of kava that he offered (mainly KwK, I took Borongoru and Vula waka in medium grind). The delivery service is supposed to be GLS, but I have no news either.

I might be a little impatient, but I would like to know if anyone has had any experience with him and if everything went well ?

XqinZ

Hello,

I used to buy from Edward, which always was great.
I know Adrian some time for one honest and well deserved vendor - I could always talk to him, ask question, get some specials, make agreements. I ordered also Kava from him and never had problems. The post office and everything is pretty full right now and the post is delayed. Thats because of the time of the year, its better to contact him at telegram or whatsapp - in the Forum there you can find his number to contact him. I never heard that he dont answer messages - he answers me even on sunday which I think he shouldnt. :D

Greetings and good luck.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I think I have spoken to Adrian from K@ Ink in the past. I think he is good and reliable and must just have been busy or missed your emails recently. Give it a little more time and I think he will reply.

I am now able to offer kava to anyone anywhere in Europe through my business partner so if you don't get your order then please get in touch and I will see what I can offer.

Edward

@FidjiLover the Emails I did not reply too, did not really require a reply and I was busy a lot at that time and you already had the tracking code by GLS. In one you asked to give your telephone number to GLS which I did. I did reply to you in the morning of the 23rd so likely before you posted this. You received your parcel on the 26th, so would be nice to update your post. By mail you told me today that you did not even open the parcel til today.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9642

Thanks for your answers.

@Plant Spirit : no I posted this message because I didn't have an answer from you (otherwise I wouldn't have done it). In the process of my order, I asked several questions and you answered me each time. I was a little worried that once my payment was received, I no longer had answers to my questions. It was my first order from you, I couldn't really find a review online, that's why I wanted to ask the community if anyone had any experience with you.

I had to be away for a few days and was not able to receive the package (it had to be dropped off at a location by the courier). I have not been able to check until today what was in my package, I explained it to you by email and told you I would update as soon as I did, but you seem to have little patience.

So I did receive my order and I will come back later to give my opinion on the kava, although I don't think I will be disappointed since it is from KWK.

UPDATE :
I tried the Vula Waka, it produced good effects on the mood then in the 2nd part a relaxation, without really sedating effects either. However, the next day I had pain on the right side of my abdomen which was very tender. I stopped taking kava, it was gone in 2 days. However, I did not make a wrong move or take a bad position, and did not eat anything unusual. It's possible this has nothing to do with, but a friend want to try it soon, I would report if she has the same problem (or not).

I wanted to taste the Borongoru but the smell is very strange (never smelled this kind of smell from a kava): smoky. Here I was told that Borongoru should not have this smell, but that some kavas like Loa waka can do it. I am very hesitant to consume this kava. If anyone has a similar experience, I would be interested to hear what you have to say. I would also like to have @Kalm with Kava opinion!

@Edward : I think you mean Mark? I contacted him but unfortunately, he only has one variety from Vanuatu, rather peppery and my stomach usually doesn't tolerate this type of kava. And i have to buy a lot of it, so I can't afford to end up with unusable kava (my financial situation is very precarious).

Fijians generally do very well, but I need a Fijian on the heavy side, to help with my PTSD. It's a shame that you can't send to my country anymore, you had a wide choice of varieties!

Last edited by a moderator:

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Thanks for your answers.

@Plant Spirit : no I posted this message because I didn't have an answer from you (otherwise I wouldn't have done it). In the process of my order, I asked several questions and you answered me each time. I was a little worried that once my payment was received, I no longer had answers to my questions. It was my first order from you, I couldn't really find a review online, that's why I wanted to ask the community if anyone had any experience with you.

I had to be away for a few days and was not able to receive the package (it had to be dropped off at a location by the courier). I have not been able to check until today what was in my package, I explained it to you by email and told you I would update as soon as I did, but you seem to have little patience.

So I did receive my order and I will come back later to give my opinion on the kava, although I don't think I will be disappointed since it is from KWK.

@Edward : I think you mean Mark? I contacted him but unfortunately, he only has one variety from Vanuatu, rather peppery and my stomach usually doesn't tolerate this type of kava. And i have to buy a lot of it, so I can't afford to end up with unusable kava (my financial situation is very precarious).

Fijians generally do very well, but I need a Fijian on the heavy side, to help with my PTSD. It's a shame that you can't send to my country anymore, you had a wide choice of varieties!
I believe he still has a Fijian waka at the moment but he can order anything you would like from more or less any vendor. The only issue is the shipping cost.

D

Deleted member 9642

Really ? He told me he only had Ambae (Kava Time).
I asked him if he could get Art of Kava, but it seemed difficult (or a huge amount, like 6 pounds). It's a shame because I like really much Koro Island, the best kava for me. Their Tavueni Island seems really good as a replacement, I really wish a European supplier would offer it (I talked to Adrian about it).

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Really ? He told me he only had Ambae (Kava Time).
I asked him if he could get Art of Kava, but it seemed difficult (or a huge amount, like 6 pounds). It's a shame because I like really much Koro Island, the best kava for me. Their Tavueni Island seems really good as a replacement, I really wish a European supplier would offer it (I talked to Adrian about it).
He only had that at that time but he does and can get other things. Art of kava is a bit trickier. Email me and I'll talk you through the options.

@FidjiLover Hi the Borongoru has rather an slight earthy smell and is not from Kwk. I really wonder how much you speculate and investigate about me and my product and start a post because I did not reply over the weekend... The Borongoru is from a reputable source and many kilos have been sold without any problems. People actually like it a lot and it is of course noble Kava, as we only use noble Kava. Can you please stop spreading so much rumors, hearsay and whatnot and rather talk to us first.

D

Deleted member 9642

@Plant Spirit Hello,
When I received the list of kavas you were selling, there was Borongoru and Vula Waka for medgrinds and Pouni Ono and another one (Loa waka I think?) for micronized. These varieties fit perfectly with KwK's list and personally, I don't know any reputable supplier of noble kava that has the same assortment. So please understand my confusion. However, I would like to know the origin of the borongoru (and Vula waka) if it is not KwK, so that I can verify that the kava is noble as you claim (no certificate attesting to the chemotype was provided to me upon purchase).

@FidjiLover normally it would have been nice to discuss all of this by mail, you would have gotten all answers and also the lab test for the Borongoru. I mean you ordered at the end of November and all could have long been sorted and you ordered 2x 50 grams not a huge amount. I will not disclose all our suppliers. You can contact me by mail if you need the lab test for the Borongoru. Vula Waka is from KWK and since you already corresponded with KWK, like you wrote on the other Thread, we imported with a different name and to another country, since you will certainly know that Kava imports to Europe are tricky, thus they could not confirm that we bought from them... But really so much fuzz and speculation about a small order... Never had that before and I am even still on holiday just trying to get this finally resolved to move on....

D

Deleted member 9642

@Plant Spirit

It might be a small order for you, but when you're precarity it's already a lot of money.

I have ordered kava from other dealers in Europe, who buy kava from US or New Zealand suppliers, and none have ever had a problem giving the names of the suppliers. On the contrary, it is even a commercial argument, because as a consumer, it is preferable to have a recognized and reputable kava.

The list of reliable suppliers who have their kava tested by an independent laboratory is not very large. Kava Forums and Reddit Kava provide this list, so there is no secret to a provider unless the provider in question is not recognized by the community.

You seem to have found an excuse to explain that the Vula Waka does indeed come from KwK, without providing any proof that this is the case (I have a private message from KwK which assures me that you did not buy any kava at home for years). And now I guess you don't want to give the name of your borongoru supplier lest I write to that supplier to verify that it is from their home?

Sorry to insist, but the world of kava is a more transparent world than the world of K@ (I know you sell both), and a lack of transparency can lead to fear of non-noble kava, or tudei or whatever. I had some side effects after taking your Vula Waka (something I never had when I bought it direct from KwK), so if I can't even know where your borongoru is from, it is clear that I will not consume it because of its strange smell for kava. It's sad because I lost my job due to covid, a loved one got sick and I have had PTSD ever since. The kava is the only thing that really helps me, and I end up with 100g of unusable kava. It's very regrettable.

@fidjiilover And I guess you will now think I printed this label myself right? I have had so much conversations with customers over the years but I never had someone communicating over 2 forums simultaneously and making up one claim after another that can be damaging to somenones reputation without any reason... .

This is my last post in his matter. I wish you all the best and it is really sad to hear about your problems, nonetheless there would have been much better ways to solve this whole matter, without all those unfounded allegations. From now on I will rather take care of all my other customers and our association members that use direct conversations if there are any problems/misunderstandings/confusion which normally can be instantly resolved

Attachments

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9642

@Plant Spirit
In private message or here, I still don't know where the borongoru comes from. I don't know of any kava provider in Europe who does this...

UPDATE : I received an analysis of the borongoru chemotype by email.

Last edited by a moderator: