What's new

Strange effect this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I had some more of the instant green last night and had a very strange thing happen this morning. I'm understand about feeling the effects the next day like a subtle mellowness that follows you around for most of the day but this was slightly different.

19.00 last night I had 2 tsps. instant green in 8 ozs of water. I had a reasonable effect from that, drank it fairly quickly. I didn't think the effect was over strong though so...
20.00 last night I had 1 tsp instant green in 4 ozs of water. I had another slight uplift, it's nice stuff. Not sure if I'm feeling the full effects yet, maybe a bit of reverse still?

Anyway, by the time I had gone to bed I was feeling fine, the intensity of the kava had worn off and I was feeling fairly normal.

Skip to this morning, about 09.00, over 12 hours since I had consumed my last kava and after drinking plenty of water after kava last night and on getting up this morning. I drank a pint of milk and had a sort of kava uplift feeling, like very mild euphoria and slight muscle relaxation. It was like I had just drunk a weakish shell. Really weird considering it was such a long time after my last drink last night?

Anyone else had anything like this?

By the way tonight I am home and had another go with my kava kauia Vanuatu waka root powder and I think I prefer it to the instant green. Need more time to tell but I'm feeling better off that so far, less stomach weirdness and nicer effect, and on quite a small amount too!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Happened again this morning... pint of milk and boom. It's like there is something in the milk that reactivates the kava. Strange. I might try mixing the kava with milk in the first place. I know a lot of people do say to do that.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
With herbal medicine ... it's not allways that certain things extracts the chemicals ... it's also a "carrier" or activater and even balancer sometimes... such as hot milk and ashwaganda ... you don't even have to make it but toss and washing with warm milk is more effective ... because of this principle ... same with cannabis and milk .. milk extracts activates and balances cannabis!... you are most certainly on to something :)

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Yes, it's odd that the effect should happen in the morning even after eating and drinking large amounts of water... after the initial rush it calms down to nearly nothing whereas if I just drink water all day the vague mellowness lasts most of the day. I think it's worth trying mixing with milk and seeing what happens, maybe that will enhance the experience at the time of taking the kava? Worth a go.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Is your milk whole or skim? Because fatty foods can definitely do that. I wouldn't recommend mixing kava with milk :wtf: but drinking some whole milk, or eating fatty food after your kava can potentiate the effect (a lot). That effect happening the next day is kind of unusual though.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I usually drink semi skimmed milk. I have read plenty about people mixing their kava with milk but I agree it sounds a bit nasty. One thing I read is to add some honey after. I'm really intrigued about what it is that stays in your stomach even after drinking and eating that would restart the effect of the kava the next morning. I would prefer to get the full effect at the time I drink the kava, maybe still reverse tolerance but perhaps if the milk mix could help break through that then all good. I'll try some things out.

verticity

I'm interested in things
The two things that seem to have the most potentiating effect after kava are fatty foods and spicy foods. Mexican food is ideal for this purpose. A lot of people swear by pizza. A good curry could possibly work very well too. But of course the meal must be eaten after the kava, not during or before...

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Ha ! ... seriously though I just chugged down 2 tablespoons of moi into a bowl of water and im feeling It a bit to much ... haha my ears are like numb lol

verticity

I'm interested in things
Seriously though... wait an hour or 2 before driving anywhere...the Moi wears off pretty quickly

Or you could let your dog do the driving as in your avatar

verticity

I'm interested in things
OK so apparently "dare me to drive" was some cultural reference involving a song about chocolate candies that I am not familiar with... I am medium old. Middle aged I think they call it.

Status
Not open for further replies.