What's new

The Science behind Reverse Tolerance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Hey @Bert07. I love your posts, your insight, your passion for kava and your ability to start thought provoking and interesting threads. The avatar, well... :-D But ultimately I really don't care, and neither does Rookie, when it comes down to it, so let's hug this one out ok, buddy? I'd hate to not have you around here to start threads like this one.

The only other thing I'm aware of that has a Reverse Tolerance effect is MJ, as that usually takes at least one go before you feel anything. That was my experience with it. Second time was the charm. Kava took me a good two weeks of off and on skepticism and persistence before I hit paydirt, so there may be some commonalities between the two in terms of building enough up in your system for the full effect to arrive. There's some kava action at CB receptors in the gut, and brain, right?

I'd LOVE to know the bio-chemical mechanisms in play. Sadly whenever I start reading about organic chemistry, my eyes glaze over and my mind wanders and I think, "Man, there are some SMART people out here who get this stuff. Where's that MAD magazine I had lying around here??" :-D

Bert07

Me like da kava
Hey @Bert07. I love your posts, your insight, your passion for kava and your ability to start thought provoking and interesting threads. The avatar, well... :-D But ultimately I really don't care, and neither does Rookie, when it comes down to it, so let's hug this one out ok, buddy? I'd hate to not have you around here to start threads like this one.

The only other thing I'm aware of that has a Reverse Tolerance effect is MJ, as that usually takes at least one go before you feel anything. That was my experience with it. Second time was the charm. Kava took me a good two weeks of off and on skepticism and persistence before I hit paydirt, so there may be some commonalities between the two in terms of building enough up in your system for the full effect to arrive. There's some kava action at CB receptors in the gut, and brain, right?

I'd LOVE to know the bio-chemical mechanisms in play. Sadly whenever I start reading about organic chemistry, my eyes glaze over and my mind wanders and I think, "Man, there are some SMART people out here who get this stuff. Where's that MAD magazine I had lying around here??" :-D
Thanks Steve. I got too carried away at the end there. I was drunk, not krunk, (I know shame on me - it was just one of those evenings) plus being in an already bad mood about something else caused me blow out some steam in the wrong direction. By the way, I have no idea why I got personal with my avatar. Haha that's not even me in the picture in case anyone is wondering.

Back to the original topic, I know there is an initial reverse tolerance with MJ for most people but after that it actually can create more tolerance over time depending upon how much you smoke and how consistently. I've had my own experience with this along with other people's. I think infraredz would probably have some good answers. Too bad he's not here. Where is he? I haven't seen him around for quite a while.

Last edited:

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Thanks Steve. I got too carried away at the end there. I was drunk, not krunk, (I know shame on me - it was just one of those evenings) plus being in an already bad mood about something else caused me blow out some steam in the wrong direction. By the way, I have no idea why I got personal with my avatar. Haha that's not even me in the picture in case anyone is wondering.
I *was* wondering, since you seemed to take offense, and then I had the thought "the poor guy should get some dentures". Funny how alkeehaul propagates a bad mood sometimes, rather than numbing you to it. I'm not an angry drunk myself, but I've been a depressed drunk before and it sucks!

Back to the original topic, I know there is an initial reverse tolerance with MJ for most people but after that it actually can create more tolerance over time depending upon how much you smoke and how consistently. I've had my own experience with this along with other people's. I think infraredz would probably have some good answers. Too bad he's not here. Where is he? I haven't seen him around for quite a while.
I've seen a lot of his posts in the backlog on the forums, but he hasn't been posting since I've been a member. Seems to have a lot of biochemistry knowledge, or at least enough understanding to process the technobabble and redirect it using plain speech. Here's a shell to hoping he's doing ok. Bula!

Status
Not open for further replies.