What's new

Tongan Pride

WakaGrade

Grog 4 your Nog
If anyone is wondering the Tongan Pride 2 is stellar. I had a wonderful night after drinking about 3 tablespoons and it was absolutely fantastic. I actually like it better than his Fiji for going out and doing stuff because like others have said it's quite social and all around feel good juice.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I guess I'll share my Tongan Pride experience for any curious readers that may come along. First off , my body chemistry has never quite reacted the same to kava (and other things) as it does for the majority of people..so this seems to be more of an A-typical report. A lot reviews of this strain mention it being almost an 'upper' kava...lively, energetic, better suited for going out or to a party. This wasn't the case for me at all (not that I had high expectations in this dept.)...the only way I could say this is true (in my case), was that it was mild enough that I could have still gone out to do stuff if need be. So, it didn't really give me any extra energy or inspiration. It was just less inebriating than some other strains can be. (and sometimes this is a good thing)  I've also seen people mention getting more of a 'kavain' 'head buzz' from it and I definitely didn't notice much, if any, of that. I've tried other high kavain strains from Hawai'i and they reacted similarly with me. Tongan Pride actually reminded me a lot of Hawai'ian Mo'i. Both have a relatively good flavor that's kind of nutty or buttery and both seemed mild in effects. I would say Tongan Pride is more potent than the Mo'i I had though. As for dosages, I typically ranged from 5 tablespoons to 8 tablespoons and water could vary from 1.5 cups to 2.5 cups. Strength didn't seem to affect the experience much. A perk was that it was much less nauseating than other strains can be on me...so what this kava ended up being great for was mixing it with my Fiji kava that was very quick to make me heavy, groggy and nauseated. 2 parts Tongan : 1 part Fiji was pretty good. When it came to sleep, it was exactly like all other kava's to me...sleep was usually deep with crazy dreams...when i wake up to pee, it's easy to fall quickly back to sleep (which isn't normal for me). Sometimes sleep could be a bit sketchy too...like being caught in limbo between consciousness and dreaming. But this has been the case with all kava's in my experience.
So in summary: if you have weird body/brain chemistry like me. You'll probably find this strain to be a nice flavored, mild 'drinking kava' that's good enough to take 'the edge' off and usually help you sleep quick and deep. Similar to Hawai'ian strains.

D

Deleted User01

I made my Kava for the week with Tongan Pride this morning.   I ended up with (2) 16oz bottle and 10 oz (second wash).  So first off, I drink about 6 oz. of the second wash before breakfast.  The effects were nice but not overwhelming.  It reminds me of the weak sister of Solomons.   The breakfast buzz lasted for 4 hours and helped me through the planting of the garden.   I like this Kava because it doesn't overwhelm you and it leaves you functional.   It may end up being my workday Kava because you can still work and do stuff.   A pretty good Kava for the price and a nice break from the Solomons and Koniak which knock me on my ass.

D

Deleted User01

I felt bad about calling the Tongan a weak sister of Solomon.  To be fair, it didn't wipe me out like Solomons and I liked that.  Later in the day when I finally got around to the recliner, I felt very calm and happy in the mind.  I don't remember any big body effects but I did like the peaceful feeling that I felt at night and I slept like a log.  I have to keep reminding myself not to judge Kava until I'm in a peaceful setting where I can better appreciate the effects.  But that being said, I'll will be mixing it with some left over Koniak which I have in the fridge.  Curious to see how those two intermix.