What's new

Tongan Pride

kl.Project460

Kava Enthusiast
I dont really get energy from tongan pride, but it definitely is a uppity kava. It still makes me sleepy at the end of it all, but is definitely my favorite from KBR. Mix it with fiji waka and its damn good.
And about the automated message thing, that was hilarious starsofclay, haha!

starsofclay

Kava Enthusiast
maybe kbr needed a little extra marketing. lol. Tongan pride isn't moving off the shelves fast enough???

um yeah i brought it to work and realized that i confused "uppity" with "energy". definitely didn't have more energy. but i guess i was more talkative which is good for the customers. and i still wanted to get more work done, but no it did not supply the xtra energy to do it lol.

def DO NOT mix with caffeine. had the worst crash. wasn't a good idea.

Excuse me for being too enthusiastic! I'm sure you can guess why lol I'll try to use more text speak and be more 'street', 'with it' and 'cynical' next time ;) Just kidding kids. I agree though this isn't energetic in the slightest but it is euphoric in a slightly different way to other kavas I've tried which is why I like it so much I guess. To be honest now that i'm used to it it's come down slightly in my estimation, no more funky body waves at the same dosage, but i still really like it and it would be a good one for people afraid of the taste as it's very mild.

starsofclay

Kava Enthusiast
we jest... we jest... i just didn't know if you were some weird ad bot because you said the exact same thing three times in a row BUT now i know i was incorrect.

yeah tongan is great and i love mixing it with coffee (decaf) because the flavor is not too strong and it actually compliments the coffee with a little chocolate in there (yum). I realized today how great tongan is with coffee because i put malekulah magic and hiwa in some coffee today and it tastes like grassy, dirt coffee.

starsofclay

Kava Enthusiast
this isn't really krunk in my opinion.. this is like speed but without the extra energy so its a strange feeling. that's why its good to mix with fiji waka, and that could get ya crunked. it might mix well with isa.. never tried it tho

kavalover

Outsider
The thought of Isa and Tongan makes me nauseous. I think that combo might be a little too strong for my stomach to handle.

kl.KarmaG

Kava Enthusiast
Figured I'd add my 2 cents. I just made a batch of Tongan Pride for the 1st time tonight. I can see what others were saying about it being 'uppity'. It's very uplifting and I feel really chatty. I've just Skyped with 2 relatives and could easily talk to a bunch more. It definitely puts me in the mood to socialize. Body effects so far are not as pronounced as mental. I've got the mouth numbing (of course) and my face feels kind of numb but no tingling in my extremities or anything like that. Maybe I need to drink more.  (smiley: grin) Most noticeably, my mood has drastically improved. I was in a bad mood and kind of annoyed with my husband but after 2 shells, all is well. I will probably go for another 2 in a few. After that I will need to eat as I'm already starving. That's the only downside of kava for me. I love food and due to a high metabolism I am always hungry. If only I could drink it with food, that would be ideal.
EDIT: This stuff seems to build and now body effects seem more pronounced. Taste is not so great and makes me want to gag a little. It seems very bitter to me, although I could just be getting spoiled by all the Instant Green I've been drinking. Overall though, I'll put up with the taste since the effects are exactly what I like - good mood and increased socialization. Seems like a good party kava.

Dan

Kava Enthusiast
Brewed 3tbs of my recently-arrived Tongan Pride for the first time earlier this evening.
I only noticed the uplift that others describe to the extent that there was an almost complete absence of the heavy, body-suffusing effects of more DHM-heavy strains (an effect I'm finding less and less desirable these days).
Anyway, very nice, from the limited perspective of my initial sampling it compares favorably to Fu'u in both effects and taste, and is certainly more cost-effective.  Props to Rex as always for the great product and service.

porsche11

Kava Curious
This stuff is awesome!! I've tried Vanuatu3 and Tudei, but this stuff kicks ass for going out and being active. I danced my ass off on this kava. Music sounded amazing and my feet couldn't stop moving!!

Hi I'm new to the world of Kava, but I just ordered a batch of the Tongan Pride, have heard great things about it from a couple of reviews, and will report back one it comes in.

Hope to be enjoying Kava for many moons to come...

i really like it, too - only minus imho is, that it's rather weak to me, but once it hits me it's absolutely ... well, almost too good :)

Second best thing with it is, that it doesn't upset my stomach as much as my old Stone (let alone that extract i made from it *bwaargh*, the only kava prep i tried yet that gives me a real and mean hangover for days. Probably not as good an idea as i first thought) or even Kulea Instant (gives me a strong punch, but i guess next time i'll strain all the solids out completely).

Is the Waka from KBR somehow similar? I'd like some of this "Tongan Happy-happy Joy-joy" type of effect, just a little stronger would be nice. Can someone here maybe make a recommendation? Thanks!

kl.Kokpa

As a newbie, this is the 2nd kava I have tried. It is much more bitter than HKC's Mahakea but I still enjoyed the earthy flavors. After a couple shells of the Tongan Pride, I felt all my worries disappear & felt a real excitement about my life. I haven't felt this way in a long time as a suffer from mild social anxiety disorder & I do not take any medication because of the side effects. This stuff could change my life!!! All of the following day, I had the most relaxing & pleasurable feeling in my muscles. The pain in my rhomboid muscles completely disappeared for the day.

I have already begun to phase alcohol out of my life & replace it with this magical drink. Life looks awesome!!!!

Kokpa - I'm in the same boat as you, drinking for 'smoother' social interaction and taking edge off the day... I've only just begun my Kava journey and am still working on my prep method and usage (seems 4 tbsp per 3 cups is getting me closer to where I feel balanced, gonna up it to 5tbsp).. I only have within my arsenal Fu'u from Bula Kava House and Vanuatan from realkava.com. But am gitty with anticipation for some Tongan.. All signs point to this being THE kava I've been looking for, or at least a main ingredient in a good mix..
I've read several times in other threads that suppliers' batches vary in potency and/or kavaloctone lineup(?) from one to the next, since this is a fairly aged post but seems to be consistently positive is it safe to say that Tongan has an excellent track-record, has it gotten better over year(s) or 'lighter'..?

kl.shinobi7

Kava Curious
I'm having some of this tongan pride right now.I have to say it never disappoints.After 3 shells/cups,it puts you in the zone.I find myself socializing better and at ease with 3+ shells of this.The other night I had 6 shells and I just got KTFO lol went to sleep like a baby.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Hmmm.... neither N@H Tongan nor KBR Tongan Pride have left much of an impression with me. N@H's Tongan's most memorable features where the shoe polish smell and the strange mental floaty feeling. My friends that tried it said it was like a very mild pot high. KBR Tongan Pride doesn't have the shoe polish smell. It's still has that mental floaty feeling but not as much. It feels more like a bodily floating sensation but very subtle. KBR Tongan Pride gives me more mental focus and the "shield" effect is kind of a strange one. It's like I can feel and see people pushing up against that "bubble" but it never gets popped.