What's new

Vanuatu: Trip Planning

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
That's the look that made me fall in love with @shakas. Unfortunately, he has never returned any of my affections and has forced me to turn my attention elsewhere.
I didn't realize that the pigeon-chested bungee-jumping-off-your-own-wang-brush was attractive to women. I need to rethink some of my outfits.

D

Deleted User01

They do look cut high unless the processors decide to trim them up a bit. Of course @Deleted User is alluding to the fact that the upper part of the kava plant is undiserable and some of the upper parts may actual be toxic. And this may have also helped fan the German Kava Ban in the 1990s. That's why @Deleted User is always on the watch for that kind of stuff. Good eye Hawkeye!

P.S. Oops, a double meaning there.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I see those high cuts pretty often, I'm assuming (hoping) that since they make fresh kava and they sit around chopping the stuff up for the nakamals, that the stem chunks just get left out on the preparation end.

In fiji, where they drink dry kava, the bundles always seem to be perfectly trimmed.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Those are some interesting bundles of kava, looks like they cut rather high to me. Chris, what do you think of these pics? @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava
They do look a bit high but I do the same thing and when I wash the kava and finish processing the kava then I would cut the higher stalks off. I would think that is what they would be doing here. I leave them a bit long because they are easier to carry and I simply cut them off as I am processing the kava. Nice pictures. Aloha.

Chris

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
You guys are _NUTS_!!! :) Just the laugh I needed on a slow dreary Monday! Many thanks.

Shakas: you are lucky -- I very much envy you!!! I would love to visit Vanuatu some day. One of my bucket-list trips.
My dream is to spend a few days on an atoll (like in my avatar pic) with plenty of the blessed root and my best girl.
Any atolls near Vanuatu?

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
(y) I'm definitely gonna try to post some pics when I can. I'll unload them all when I get back.