What's new

Vendor Concerns

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
The hills are huge, too. Look at what's growing, the color of
the dirt, and so on. Use any big terrain in the far distance, combined with a guess of which direction the camera is pointing, based on sun angle, clouds, ocean swell, wind.

Now you're right, if the photo just showed a wall of green then it'd be a lot harder to guess.

Just for fun, let's see if anyone can guess these 2 views from Google Streetview. I haven't told anyone where they are.

View attachment 9248 View attachment 9249
I do think I know where those photos are, but they also contain roads and the coastline, and I'm familiar with the island. I'm just saying in the inland areas of regions where kava grows it would be pretty easy to take wide angle photos of farms without giving away location. For example check this one out:
GHK Land.jpg

I have no idea where this is, and have no way to figure it out. I can imagine it covered in a few hundred kava plants though. Besides, there are known kava farms elsewhere. It's not like we're flying over and stealing from those farmers.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
The terrain on the BI is pretty distinctive. Any kind of picture that shows a view into the distance, and people are gonna go all CSI and have the place pinpointed. That's not fair to the landowners, whoever they might be.
especially if it is land that was leased and not owned.

GussWest

Kava Enthusiast
Glitterbombs are an inside reference from years ago. He knows what he did.
This Vendor prattle goes back well before I found kava.

Sell me some 30 year old single-bush waka!

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
especially if it is land that was leased and not owned.
True. Some land is leasehold there, rather than fee simple. Plus there are places that might grant ag usage rights that could be slightly different to a typical residential leasehold.

As for agricultural leasing, my neighbors here on the 10th Island (Alabama) have more pasture than they need for the calves they raise themselves. They lease the pasture to other people who add their own livestock to the herd. The cows even rotate pastures between 2 different landowners, or sometimes the gate's left open so the cows can go where they please. Most anything is possible as long as all the parties involved agree to it.

The most valuable prize bulls live on a patch closest to the human houses, except for when they are out, uhhh, providing their services.