What's new

Vendor Concerns

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
There are many emotions in the air right now, so my suggestion is lets get back in gear and back to our roots.

I'd like to also remind everyone that we don't have to respond to every jab we perceive to be against us. If we did, I'd have quite the karmic backlog of them to address.

Let's celebrate kava for the blessing it is in our lives. Let's also take a break to realize that everyone posting here is human with their own struggles in life. Not one of us is perfect. While this doesn't absolve us from some of the repercussions of our actions, we can take comfort in knowing that each of us is imperfect as well.

I'm not saying forget. I'm saying let's move forward.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I think we all need to draw a line under past events. For that to happen everyone who sides with GHK and TK needs to apologise to those who side with the AKA and vice versa. It's natural that a lucrative product such as kava will cause commercial competitiveness but casting aspersions on each other's ability or willingness to provide the best kava isn't helping anything. Testing is all well and good but at the end of the day this very forum provides the best defence we all have against noble kava being sold as tudei. How long did it take for people to remark on the batch of stone that came out a tad too strong to be noble? This shouldn't mean that N@H should be vilified for that happening, it's not that they deliberately bought tudei and tried to sell it as noble its just that these things happen from time to time. Chris bought a load from Vanuatu I believe that drank ok but turned out to be tudei so it can happen to anyone. In the ideal world we would get all the interested parties into a room and drink some strong kava together. Thats not going to happen any time soon but it is so time for everyone to just stop talking about it. Without a doubt there have been shady practices going on on both sides but i still buy and drink the kavas i like the best and i suggest everyone else does the same, stops talking about the commercial side of it and just concentrate forum comments on which kavas they do or do not like .

Zaphod

Kava Lover
There are many emotions in the air right now, so my suggestion is lets get back in gear and back to our roots.

I'd like to also remind everyone that we don't have to respond to every jab we perceive to be against us. If we did, I'd have quite the karmic backlog of them to address.

Let's celebrate kava for the blessing it is in our lives. Let's also take a break to realize that everyone posting here is human with their own struggles in life. Not one of us is perfect. While this doesn't absolve us from some of the repercussions of our actions, we can take comfort in knowing that each of us is imperfect as well.

I'm not saying forget. I'm saying let's move forward.
You must have a lot of superglue and duct tape in that bag of yours trying to hold the forums together...
upload_2018-6-7_14-38-17.jpeg

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I was thinking something a little more high tech, like maybe Estes Rocket, balsa wood glue.

We definitely are going to need some sort of forums to debate what exactly qualifies for true connoisseur grade glue.* And some sort of test to make sure no one is diluting good quality glue with acetone.
I heard a rumor that you can tell if your glue has been spiked with acetone by putting this weird root powder in it and seeing if it changes colors.

*Edit: Given that I have no idea who is reading this site and assume there is no age restriction: Any apparent insinuations about using glue for anything but gluing stuff together are completely tongue in cheek.

Last edited:

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
The terrain on the BI is pretty distinctive. Any kind of picture that shows a view into the distance, and people are gonna go all CSI and have the place pinpointed. That's not fair to the landowners, whoever they might be.
Lol. That island is huge! You'd have to have some very specific identifying landmarks.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
...*Edit: Given that I have no idea who is reading this site and assume there is no age restriction: Any apparent insinuations about using glue for anything but gluing stuff together are completely tongue in cheek.
I think youre pretty safe here in the "in-depth" section. its blocked from the public and newbies. Kapm can correct me if Im wrong, but I dont think hes allowed here either. :)

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Lol. That island is huge! You'd have to have some very specific identifying landmarks.
The hills are huge, too. Look at what's growing, the color of
the dirt, and so on. Use any big terrain in the far distance, combined with a guess of which direction the camera is pointing, based on sun angle, clouds, ocean swell, wind.

Now you're right, if the photo just showed a wall of green then it'd be a lot harder to guess.

Just for fun, let's see if anyone can guess these 2 views from Google Streetview. I haven't told anyone where they are. Hint: they're not at the same place, though they are in the same district.

49228A2F-86D1-4FE0-B395-AF3B5179D7B3.jpeg
A7E5622D-2E85-4E93-B653-BB5DF5958304.jpeg

Last edited: