What's new

Vendors who ship to the UK

tutti196

Kava Curious
In actual fact I wonder where I would stand on "passing on" some of my stash to other forum members as a pet supplement only? I do tend to keep my stocks quite high... hmmm, I'll think about it.
Would be nice if something like thats is going to happen.

Krunkmeup

Kava Enthusiast
Hi all I'm new here only just discovered kava, it looks spot on for my anxiety and currently using alcohol as a remedy along with prescription meds so hope to use this instead. I'm from near Portsmouth and have ordered a couple kava from Hawaii and the US which I'm guessing with end up being not great maui medical herb and piping rock kava tablets. Anyway I'm looking to buy some decent stuff preferably from GKE so it's inside UK.. but the question is what kava would you recommend? I want a nice strong relaxed and euphoric feeling with hopefully not too may side effects I can substitute my alcohol for? Thanks for your help.

Krunkmeup

Kava Enthusiast
Oh damn literally just went to go on they're site and they have closed.. just my luck.. where's the best plàce to buy now?

Seamyb88

Kava Curious
Hi folks, never tried kava before and just ordered half a kilo from Bula Kava House. Sounds like it is worth a try, but I'm just worried it will get seized. Reading this forum thread has given me a bit more hope, but can anybody tell me the likelihood of it getting seized? I live in Northern Ireland, but surely our customs will be the same as the rest of the UK?

Seamyb88

Kava Curious
Also, Krunkmeup, I read somewhere that GKE changed their website to something like Kava Europe... something like that.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Hi folks, never tried kava before and just ordered half a kilo from Bula Kava House. Sounds like it is worth a try, but I'm just worried it will get seized. Reading this forum thread has given me a bit more hope, but can anybody tell me the likelihood of it getting seized? I live in Northern Ireland, but surely our customs will be the same as the rest of the UK?

There is a small chance that it will be seized but I've never had anything not come through. If they contact you and ask you what you want it for then tell them it's a pet supplement for your anxious dog.

GKE aka Kava Europe have unfortunately closed down.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
A bit of weirdness going on here... I've recently ordered from KWK and BKH. Both parcels have landed in London then been taken to Coventry. I live in London. So it seems it doesn't matter where you live, they must have centralised the customs. KWK says in transit to the destination, BKH says held in customs so we'll see what happens.

It's worth pointing out I never had any trouble with DHL, straight through.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
A little update... KWK parcel received today, borogu and vula waka :) . BKH parcel held in customs for a few days and now the tracking info says it's released but with a customs charge to pay. So both parcels got through customs ok.

Yianni

Kava Curious
Excuse me do all vendors have ridiculously high shipping fees? Also looks like all the daytime strains are out of stock?

Yianni

Kava Curious
It's not the vendors with high shipping fees it's USPS.
so why don't they use other means? is it easier to pass through customs? I have to admit the shipping prices are off putting.. As I haven't really tried kava, I don't know whether I'm going to like it, it just seems really promising for my social anxiety & lack of motivation.. but the kava itself costing £25 and the shipment £30 is kind of far fetched for someone on the minimum wage :(

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
so why don't they use other means? is it easier to pass through customs? I have to admit the shipping prices are off putting.. As I haven't really tried kava, I don't know whether I'm going to like it, it just seems really promising for my social anxiety & lack of motivation.. but the kava itself costing £25 and the shipment £30 is kind of far fetched for someone on the minimum wage :(
To be brutally honest kava is going to cost you money. I can see where you're coming from... you've never tried it and don't want to spend money you haven't got on something that you don't know whether it will help you or not. From my point of view kava is cheaper than drinking the amount of alcohol that I used to drink even including shipping. If you're not starting from the same base as I am then it could look expensive.

If you have a lack of motivation kava may not always be your best friend. Some strains may help but quite a few can leave you feeling more lethargic than motivated.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
so why don't they use other means?
..like walking it to your home personally ? :D
International shipping costs are simply that high and unless that changes, kava will always cost that much outside the USA.
With the price hikes, Kava has certainly become a good for the affluent. Sorry to say that, i wish it would be different! :(

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
If you have a lack of motivation kava may not always be your best friend. Some strains may help but quite a few can leave you feeling more lethargic than motivated.
Or maybe motivated to lie on your sofa and watch telly :)

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I just paid a £65 customs charge on an order. That bumps the price up by quite a bit too. It's still cheaper than the booze. I will next time only use stackry and DHL though. That was so much simpler.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Wow that's a lot in customs!
Is global mail ok to use from stackry without getting stopped at customs?
Use DHL every time from stackry and I had no problems at all when I did it. £65 is a ridiculous charge but what can you do?!