What's new

Why didn't tudei just disappear without any testing?

Palmetto

Thank God!
I had a bad experience last night from some supposedly noble kava that I can guarantee had some tudei in it (and many others suspected also). I'd rather know what I was getting into, than unsuspectingly. There are some pretty heavy nobles out there. Tudeis have more flavokawains than you should want to ingest, unless you are worried that you might have cancer. Then you should drink tudei to fight the cancer. But for the general market, I think tudei is predominantly a bad thing, especially the way it is marketed as the cool thing.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I think the question in the OP has been answered many times over in and outside of this thread. On a personal level, I'm just going to be pissed if I'm sold tudei or mixed kava that isn't labeled as such. I want what I pay for, and I don't give a damn how many tudei strains that vendor advertises, so long as the noble is noble and the tudei is tudei. I think this is the dominant perspective of the kava consumer. If we are upset about labeling people as tudei supporters or whatever, shouldnt the same go for those calling us who support vendors who test their products part of a "noble only" movement?

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
I think the question in the OP has been answered many times over in and outside of this thread. On a personal level, I'm just going to be pissed if I'm sold tudei or mixed kava that isn't labeled as such. I want what I pay for, and I don't give a damn how many tudei strains that vendor advertises, so long as the noble is noble and the tudei is tudei. I think this is the dominant perspective of the kava consumer. If we are upset about labeling people as tudei supporters or whatever, shouldnt the same go for those calling us who support vendors who test their products part of a "noble only" movement?
The original post was a spin off from another thread that was deemed to be going off topic, not really a question. Anyway it's all been rehashed too many times but I would point out the noble only remarks were not meant for people like you who just want testing and to get what you intended to buy. I totally agree, test it, label it and sell it honestly.

Last edited:

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I had a bad experience last night from some supposedly noble kava that I can guarantee had some tudei in it (and many others suspected also). I'd rather know what I was getting into, than unsuspectingly. There are some pretty heavy nobles out there. Tudeis have more flavokawains than you should want to ingest, unless you are worried that you might have cancer. Then you should drink tudei to fight the cancer. But for the general market, I think tudei is predominantly a bad thing, especially the way it is marketed as the cool thing.
Did you ask the vendor about it?

Palmetto

Thank God!
Well it was Stone, and the ranks here were questioning its nobility a few months ago. I had a good batch of Stone right before the questionable batch came out, but this batch was a gift bought for me a few months ago that I just opened. If I have a little it's fine. It's when I have 4 or more heaping tablespoons, I feel fuzzy the next day. Normal kava doesn't do that to me.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Well it was Stone, and the ranks here were questioning its nobility a few months ago. I had a good batch of Stone right before the questionable batch came out, but this batch was a gift bought for me a few months ago that I just opened. If I have a little it's fine. It's when I have 4 or more heaping tablespoons, I feel fuzzy the next day. Normal kava doesn't do that to me.
VanuWAKA is like that for me. 3 TBS is fine but 4 TBS is way too strong for me. But I don't think that's because it is tudei, I just think it is SAF (strong as fiercelycouldbe) kava.

Over on Amazon product reviews I've seen tons of reviews where people claim a perfectly noble kava is tudei because they didn't prepare it right and felt bad. To a certain extent "tudei" doesn't even mean tudei any more, it means in popular usage "I had one bad experience that might have involved user error but I'll slag the root, and tudei for that matter, because, well, it can't possibly be me, right?" Poor vendors are trapped in the "customer is always right even when he isn't" situation, and even more tragic, lots of perfectly good root gets destroyed.

Best practice is always go light on any new strain, vendor, kava, prep or even batch until you know for sure.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
I don't think anybodies been questioning Stones nobility since spring of 2017 when some people got a batch that failed the acetone test. I've bought it fairly regularly since late last year and it's never been tudei. It is one of the highest DHM tested nobles out there which is what I like about it. Any strong, heavy noble taken in sufficient doses will cause some level of lingering next day grogginess. Even that hasn't been common with most of the premature plants that have been harvested the past couple of years since the cyclone in 2015.

Over on Amazon product reviews I've seen tons of reviews where people claim a perfectly noble kava is tudei because they didn't prepare it right and felt bad.
Thanks to the efforts of GS and his allies (especially some of the people on /r/kava) the tudei issue has become very confused. If new users experience effects that they didn't enjoy, whether it's their fault for being dehydrated or that kava is just not for them, it's got to be tudei. Him and his allies have been on a mission of misinforming and misrepresenting for years and that's been my big issue all along.