What's new

Member Soapbox And this time it's a good one. As in good news.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Well, as the father of children who will be labeled as "black" I increasingly fear for their safety. We are a country that has gone to war with itself. There are people out there who want to "cleanse" America and "Make America White Again."

I'm afraid. That's why I love living in big, leafy, and friendly Africa where the horizons expand and you can shed off all your tensions... Giving Kava to my kids won't keep them safe. That's for sure.
There is a thing among African American parents where they have to give their children "the talk" about how they are likely to be pulled over by the police while driving for no reason other than being Black, etc. It is very sad that you would have to give your kids "the talk" My daughter is Asian/European, but that doesn't have the same implications in this country. As far as I know she has never experienced any kind of discrimination or harassment because of her ethnicity. I think the situation of racism here is changing, but very very slowly. South Carolina was shamed into taking down the Confederate flag. A conversation about police brutality has at least been begun. I'm hopeful things will get better, but it might take a long time..

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
My two adult children are Asian/European and have never encountered harassment or discrimination - other than both presumed to be good at Math! But they're born and bred in Los Angeles so it's considered a plus to have Asian blood! My daughters child is Asian/European/Colombian! A gorgeous mix!

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur
@Capitán Bastos so let's see... so far you are looking good as far as your business plan goes... I know you know business. But if I might offer a small probably not very important suggestion (what do I know? I'm not a businessman), maybe you should consider offering some kind of product or service for sale. I don't know, like I said, I'm not a businessman of your stature.

I guess I should add, 'specific' products. Because I realize you did mention 'products' of some kind.
I appreciate the input.
I don't offer products, I offer stuff.
This is secondary, at best, to allowing you to send me your money for free.

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur
Ok.
About the whole Africans and Obama deal (@Kavasseur) I've decided that for now I'm not touching that with your ten foot pole, not until I see a bonafide certificate of birth.

About the business.
I'm sorry I pre launched this pre launch too soon. My ex wife made me put those exact words in writing at one point, but I digress.

About the business.
Las October I signed a contract with a municipality providing health and social care services. It was a two week contract. Now it's coming to an end 8 months later. Like a pregnancy I'm released from a moist cave of 70-100hrs/week.
So, @Capitán Bastos , now you finally have the time to accept people's money?
Well, @Capitán Bastos yes and no. Here's the deal. When I first pre launched this pre launch, I found myself in a sort of vacuum. Having gotten used to these inhumane hours, I had to do something. I tried seeking out creative outlets. Tried teaching myself new skills. I am proud to say I have mastered the art of the counter clockwise swirl. Then I had a couple of very creative yet business sound ideas. Domains were purchased, people were contacted and a few of those people and what they provided have been shown to potential customers/donors and/or partners.
Then opportunity knocked.
And a month and a couple of days later, I have ten people working for me.
Preliminary ending the first period by the end of August.
I have work schedules, contracts, interviews, meetings, billing and salary to take care of. Phone calls, emails..
On the plus side, everyone's seemingly happy with the service provided. The municipality was impressed to see what I could deliver with just tudeis notice.
I was very surprised that I managed.
The people who work for me, are very happy. I negotiated their fees and it's at least 1,5 times as much as their ordinary salary. The people they work with are happy. The people working for me are happy with the people they work with.
And most importantly the patients are happy.
I am just relieved every minute there's still not a disaster.
I'm also way too busy to do another startup.
But, @Capitán Bastos, does that mean you won't accept people's money.
No, @Capitán Bastos, it does not. As a kavaforums exclusive, I offer to accept bonafide forum member's money, also crypto currency btw, and offer a whole lot of limited edition nothing in return, free of charge! All you have to do is PM me for further instructions.
@Capitán Bastos wow! By golly count me in!