What's new

First time....

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
It sounds like you have the right attitude, I hope you'll stick around. A lot of people have one or two negative experiences and give up, kava is something that will reward you if you invest the time.

@nemo I've had the same kava before, unless it's changed it's pretty good. (possible, it's been like half a year since I ordered it, but Bula Kava House is pretty consistent)

karly

The fluffy pic.
We gotta have a sunday night chat again. I had a nice chat with Karly the other night while I was enjoying a bowl of my mojo mix.

Yes it was a very nice chat and for sure lets do it again. :)

@karlyNow to address another point you've made: I've been in that dark dreary place with kava before but I personally came to a realization that this particular herbal remedy has the ability to enhance or heighten certain characteristics of your disposition; mood is one of those things. When you're upset and stay that way even after kava's consumed (sad but it can happen) it allows you to choose for yourself whether or not you're going to continue expressing that emotion. Don't get me wrong though, I actually see this as a plus because due to the hyper-awareness I'm able to reevaluate my attitude (y). Overall many feel that heavier kavas can be the culprit in these situations; heavy specifically because Dhm (sedating/muscle melting compound) laden cultivars tend to have that impact on me more so than ones leaning more towards kavain.
Makes sense, it's something that's deep-seated and despite how I may walk through life with a smile I'm quite haunted by it and no doubt you're explanation is most likely right on the money. Thanks for taking the time to write.

My kava ideas are often diff to main stream but I would bet London to a brick you've got a batch of crap kava & believe me they exist.

Your doing nothing wrong.

Well thank you, it's good to know I'm doing it right. :)

LOL

It sounds like you have the right attitude, I hope you'll stick around. A lot of people have one or two negative experiences and give up, kava is something that will reward you if you invest the time.

@nemo I've had the same kava before, unless it's changed it's pretty good. (possible, it's been like half a year since I ordered it, but Bula Kava House is pretty consistent)
I'm not giving up yet! :)

D

Deactivated Account

Ok..i wasnt aware of what you had. I dont suffer poor kava at all...it works or its out.

But yes that is the kava attitude...just keep going.You'll get there.

karly

The fluffy pic.
Took a few days off and now I'm getting ready to mix up a batch, will let you know how it goes!

~ Kava ♥ ~

karly

The fluffy pic.
Hey Kava peeps!
So I mixed up some Vanuatu instant green from BKH, it says to mix 2 tsp in 8oz. water so the rebel I am I mixed 10 tsp in 16oz. water and I'm on my third shell and nothing.... pouts. What's up with me, this juice!
Is this really reverse tolerance? Drinking this much and nothing? lalalalala...

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Save the instant, use the root powder for a couple weeks.

Gotta pay yer dues.::ricky::

It took longer than that for me to fully experience kava. Instant just isn't the same as the raw dried root.

karly

The fluffy pic.
kava kava slumberland come to me... I beckon you, doing the kava dance, worshiping kava, whispering in the kava ear.
OMG yes I'm a silly one tonight. :)

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
gettin' brave with the dosing. (y)
achieving noticeable effects. (y)
makin it thru without pukin'? (y)
then, you have won............::happyshell::
:happy::wacky:::couch:::yawn::sleep:

Last edited: