What's new

I Love Kava Friday Friday Thread: Freedom Friday!

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Case 2: Old man might end up paying child support. Proof of fatherhood isn't necessary; he would have to prove he wasn't the father.
This is true. In many states, if a married woman has a child with another man, it becomes the legal responsibility of the husband. This is done with the intent of not having a child that will not be financially supported. At the time of divorce, the man does have to pay for all the necessary tests and legal expense of proving that it is not his child.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
I've just married a kava plant, so I assume everything will be fine when I file my taxes as "Married filing jointly". And strangely enough, my plant has no income, so in addition to the normal benefits I'll also get Earned Income Credit. And it is old enough to take cuttings, so next year I'm expecting a lot of exemptions!
I have already proposed to mahakea, but I am willing to share!

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
A same sex couple might adopt, but would both be responsible? As far as reproducing without the aid of the opposite sex, how do you propose they are going to do that, lol? Pretending that biology isn't real may amuse some, but it isn't going to cause pregnancy. :ROFLMAO:

Case 1: Probably safe
Case 2: Old man might end up paying child support. Proof of fatherhood isn't necessary; he would have to prove he wasn't the father.
Looks like there will be more of these cases
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/02/william-marotta_n_2395412.html

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Much of the problem comes from the popular definition of "tolerance". It doesn't mean that I have to change my beliefs and practices to accommodate you, and it most certainly doesn't mean that if you are offended by my beliefs and practices, I have committed a crime. Yet this is what current legislation mandates: it makes your emotions my responsibility, and that is both unjust and juvenile.
Most people do not understand the difference between tolerance and acceptance. It's one thing to tolerate another person or their behavior. It's not the same as liking the person, agreeing with their behavior or being forced to award their behavior.

verticity

I'm interested in things
As far as reproducing without the aid of the opposite sex, how do you propose they are going to do that, lol?
Obviously it's probably impossible, I was just referring to your earlier comment:
Deleted User said:
If a same-sex couple manages to reproduce (obviously with help, lol), who are the responsible parents? No one?
Where you seemed to admit the possibility for the sake of claiming that the "parents" of such a child would somehow not be responsible for them, which hurts my brain to think about why you would believe that would be the case.

verticity

I'm interested in things
That's just it - the child of a same-sex couple has very little opportunity for "parents" (plural). One way this might be possible is for a lesbian to have artificial insemination (and the donor to renounce all obligation, which is not even allowed in some states and circumstances), AND their partner to adopt this child. Another way would be for BOTH partners to adopt and assume equal responsibility. So in most situations, it seems likely that the child of a same-sex union will be single-parent. Conversely, in a conventional marriage a child automatically has two parents.
The pretzel singularity is growing. You all (Earthlings) are in grave danger. In the case of men, they both have X and Y chromosomes. So they could combine their DNA in a way akin to natural reproduction, and have a child. They would need a female host, of course. Lesbians would need a source of Y chromosomes. They could abduct a man and forcibly get a DNA sample from him. They could actually grow a race of enslaved men specifically for this purpose. This makes sense, because the gay men will have their own race of enslaved women to act as birth hosts. In fact, some kind of scenario exactly like this is most likely what will happen; straight people will be enslaved by the homosexual master race. Presumably, when the slaves have served their reproductive function, they will be sacrificed and eaten.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
The pretzel singularity is growing. You all (Earthlings) are in grave danger. In the case of men, they both have X and Y chromosomes. So they could combine their DNA in a way akin to natural reproduction, and have a child. They would need a female host, of course. Lesbians would need a source of Y chromosomes. They could abduct a man and forcibly get a DNA sample from him. They could actually grow a race of enslaved men specifically for this purpose. This makes sense, because the gay men will have their own race of enslaved women to act as birth hosts. In fact, some kind of scenario exactly like this is most likely what will happen; straight people will be enslaved by the homosexual master race. Presumably, when the slaves have served their reproductive function, they will be sacrificed and eaten.
Wasn't this a premise of a late 70's early 80's movie. Also the anime Vandread had a related theme to this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vandread

Bubba Bula

krunkadelic relic
It's possible, but the potential for child support would make it risky for both parties. Where procreation is impossible, that risk doesn't exist.

This also raises a further question of "inequality"; with a male/female relationship, parental support of children is automatically assumed to be the responsibility of both parties. DNA testing might prove otherwise, but the burden of proof is on the parents. If a same-sex couple manages to reproduce (obviously with help, lol), who are the responsible parents? No one?
Aww @Deleted User you're too old fashioned. We can have three parent offspring now. See? Problem solved... Now it doesn't seem quite natural to me, but then again who am I to say?
http://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/news/20150305/three-parent-ivf-faq

K

Kava Steve

Still don't understand why we have rainbow sidewalks in Seattle... I get they are a minority and all but this goes against history of equal rights battles... Let's make black sidewalks.... Oh that's right we did that its called racism.... Gay activist just want to shove their sexuality down peoples throats it has nothing to do with equal rights if it did, it would all end with gay marriage but nooooo we need our own special sidewalks and next we want our own special tax breaks because we are a minority.... Again I'm not speaking against gays just gay activists, I really do have a problem with any and all activists I do not discriminate.... Pro life, Anti Gun, Religious activists they are all the same bunch of idiots who spend countless hours wasting peoples time and money.... I am glad that religous activists got their mouths kicked and gays can now get married but for the love of god stop there you don't need rainbow sidewalks you fucking retards.

D

Deleted User01

A couple of remarks per some posting:
First, you cannot propose to Mahakea because she is married to "Papa" Kea. And besides, get in line ....

Tolerance is exactly what we need in this world. It would cure racism, religious persecution, and bigotry. I personally do not like people who DON'T think the way that I do. They come in all colors, ages, sizes, and religions. But I tolerate them. Sometimes I socialize with them and then I find out that I like them after all.

Blippy5

Certified Noble
I know what you mean, I hate it when people shove it in your face.

Especially with religion and govt. "in god we trust" on currency, "under god" in the pledge of allegiance, prayer in public schools, religious iconography in public/ govt buildings, creationism in schools.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Still don't understand why we have rainbow sidewalks in Seattle...
You have rainbow sidewalks in Seattle? That's pretty cool. Are they permanently rainbow colored, or like rainbows drawn with chalk on them?
I get they are a minority and all but this goes against history of equal rights battles... Let's make black sidewalks.... Oh that's right we did that its called racism....
Yes, it was a great victory for civil rights when the insulting black sidewalks in southern states were removed, and normal sidewalk-colored sidewalks were put in place
Gay activist just want to shove their sexuality down peoples throats...
Um, no comment.