What's new

Kava Preparation Micronized Blender Method

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Wow, yes this is also how I make mine. I have a special blender just for it, its kind of got a crack in it, and leaks, so I do the process in a large bowel, to collect what falls out. Too cool. I thought that this was how it was suppose to be made. Again, I have never tried making it any other way. Much love. Roaddog....

D

Deleted User01

Kavalot, I have been thinking about your technique and I had to search the forum for it. What do you think about making that Micronized Syrup and saving it in the fridge for later? I have been thinking about your preparation and I gotta admit that I am very, very impressed. There would be nothing better than to have potent Kava Syrup on hand that has no taste issues. That is such a great idea! I'm doing a batch this weekend.

KavaLot

Kava Enthusiast
Deleted User01, How did you make out. I like to spoon a couple of teaspoons and mix it with a heaping tablespoon of honey and a few drops of lemon juice. Stir and shoot 'er back...yum,yum. It a great way to complement a session :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted User01

I haven't done it yet, keep giving me pointers. I had to finish an open bottle of Papa Kea before it gets bad tasting. My questions to you is this, do you make a big batch and use it over several days? I love the concept of making a concentrate and then "spooning it" into into a bit of juice, club soda, whatever. Sounds handy and your method gets rid of whatever grittiness the micronized might have. I don't mind the grittiness because it never effects me but I like your term "Kava Syrup". Sounds convenient too. I'm sure you have refined your procedure since your first post so just tell us all the things you like about that method of prepping. I hope to get after it early this week. Just gotta wake up 30 minutes early to get'er done. You have a winner there so please keep us informed.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Deleted User01, How did you make out. I like to spoon a couple of teaspoons and mix it with a heaping tablespoon of honey and a few drops of lemon juice. Stir and shoot 'er back...yum,yum. It a great way to complement a session :)

I use Key west lime juice. There referred to as key limes. There a very tiny lime, with an outrageous taste. I cant eat a lemon, or any of the big limes:yuck:. But I can set under a coconut tree and eat 3 or for Key limes. Plus real key lime pie, is to die for. Since I am not currently in Key West Florida, I get it in a bottle. Much love.(y) Roaddog....

KavaLot

Kava Enthusiast
I'll have to try that Roaddog. I forgot how much I like Key Lime Pie. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Roaddog

Kava Who?
^^^@KavaLot I use a product called, Nellie & Joes Famous Key West Lime juice. Its pretty good, if ya cant get the real thing. I my opinion, The lime, Almond soy milk, and ble nded and strained, makes it like a lime tasting sweet smoothy. The Almond soy milk is already very sweet, so it works well for kava with no need to sweeten it. Now it starts cutting into extra, cash, getting all the good stuff to go with the kava. But to me that's part of my experience, of consuming kava. I know very untraditional. No Big wooden Bowel (although I really, really, want one), or shells. Speaking of witch, I just started sipping some, about 20 minutes ago. Yes, I actually can sip it this way. With water, I am chugging, and holding my nose. I don't want that to be part of my evening Kava ritual, so I made a few flavor modifications.

KavaLot

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks for the info Roaddog. I agree 100% with your sipping comment. I prefer to enjoy the kava over the evening instead of the potential regurgitation that chugging it straight up presents.

D

Deleted User01

Pertaining to the cost of adding nice things to your Kava, have you seen how much they charge for a mixed drink at a bar lately? I was flabbergasted when I ordered a beer and a drink for my son and he told me the cost was par for the course. Nakamal at Home for sure and home brew for me. I love sipping an ice filled Kava drink out in the patio on Sundays. It is almost a tradition anymore. And it shore makes them weekend muscles feel better.:cool:

D

Deleted User01

Kavalot, when you used 6 cups of water/4 tabs micro, do you remember how many oz. of Juice you yielded. There is always a little shrink on the liquid. And Yes, I'm getting ready. I have the Kava ready and I'm trying to fine tune the recipe using your technique.

KavaLot

Kava Enthusiast
I switched to using teaspoons. 8 teaspoons per 6 cups of water and there is very little shrinkage because most of the micronized is absorbed. If you filter after blending your probably taking out a teaspoon or two of undesirables - not much really. It's why I like it so much, no more kneading and way less mess :)

D

Deleted User01

I'm going for it in the morning. I'm doing Hiwa. I plan on making one 16oz bottle of "concentrated Kava syrup".

D

Deleted User01

Ok Kavalot, the deed is done. I used 8 tablespoons of Micronized Hiwa, blended and strained, and I got a 16 oz bottle of Kava Syrup. It is really thick and gooey. I will mix it with something later today, club soda or ginger ale. I hope to have it around for 2 or 3 days so I made it extra strong. If this works out, then it could be the holy grail for those who have problems with a little fiber in their diet. This could make you a Kava Prep Legend. :D (if it works out .....)

For the record, I will be reviewing effects, taste, and color. That means I have to take some syrup without mixer.

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
I'll definitely guinea pig this sometime after trying it out first I should have my hands on some micronized tomorrow evening...no...afternoon. I'll make a lunch break run to snatch that up from the mailbox. I'll be waiting for our mail-lady like kids wait for the ice cream truck :wideyed: USPS says expected delivery tomorrow :nailbiting: just in time for the weekend :woot:

D

Deleted User01

I will try to get a review out there ASAP. It is Hiwa so I can't to that at 2:30 and expect to get any work done. But let's say around 4:00pm Central. This is a strong batch so we are stretching the limits on taste for sure. We'll see. I didn't even use Coconut water this time. Just H2O. If this works good then Kavalot would have invented the next best thing since "Baked Bread". Tidyminion, if you beat me to do it, please feel free to post.
"Oh Mrs. Postman look and see, if there's some Kava in a package for me...." My Apologies to the Marvelettes.

KavaLot

Kava Enthusiast
Today, I'm working on a message/sore muscle formula with an aqueous extract of Melo Melo. I should have something posted in the next couple of days. Looks very promising :)

KavaLot

Kava Enthusiast
Try making a tasty extract with a little bit of honey and a few drops of your ginger ale. Stir it up and shoot 'er back :hungry:

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
Try making a tasty extract with a little bit of honey and a few drops of your ginger ale. Stir it up and shoot 'er back :hungry:
Still have some pretty good honey and Reed's Extra Ginger is on the shopping list for the weekend necessities. I'm sure I'll come up with something. ooh, I'm also gonna try a kava smoothie and I don't mean what I did as a total Newb when I tossed a bunch of Wakacon Fijian into a blender with almond milk, banana, yogurt and chugged that foamy, thick, dirty mess down :wtf:...:sick:...:yuck:... :dead:.... to no effect whatsoever :banghead:
Man o man, the possibilities are opening up with the micronized I still don't actually have in my possession yet.

D

Deleted User01

Sir Kavalot, you are da man! The Micronized Syrup is a success. I opened the cold bottle of Hiwa syrup and poured a few ounces into my cup. It is very dark like dark chocolate milk. I shuddered as a took a tablespoon of syrup and tested for taste. Whew, it is still Micronized. Very little taste if any. I added some ginger ale, lime and ice. I took a few sips and I don't feel any gritiness. This bodes very, very well for people who want the potency of Micronized but they have an aversion to the grittiness and/or their stomaches can't handle the small amount of fiber. This was like a 10 minute prep job and I made a 16 oz bottle of syrup for the next few days.

Now Hiwa is a creeper, as I'm typing this my throat is beginning to go numb. Not all Kava make my throat numb. Hiwa and Papa Kea for sure do that. Kavadude told me that he thought making syrup would be a tad weaker. That may be true but I don't notice it because I made mine very strong. This is going to open up doors for those that want the potency of Micronized but cannot handle the thought of a little fiber. Ok, my ears are beginning to ring. The sound of success!

Tidyminion, hang in there. The possibilities are endless. Kava Syrup, Kava Ice Cream, Kava Extract, Kava Chewing Gum .. Wait a minute. I'm in the wrong Movie.

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
Sir Kavalot, you are da man! The Micronized Syrup is a success. I opened the cold bottle of Hiwa syrup and poured a few ounces into my cup. It is very dark like dark chocolate milk. I shuddered as a took a tablespoon of syrup and tested for taste. Whew, it is still Micronized. Very little taste if any. I added some ginger ale, lime and ice. I took a few sips and I don't feel any gritiness. This bodes very, very well for people who want the potency of Micronized but they have an aversion to the grittiness and/or their stomaches can't handle the small amount of fiber. This was like a 10 minute prep job and I made a 16 oz bottle of syrup for the next few days.

Now Hiwa is a creeper, as I'm typing this my throat is beginning to go numb. Not all Kava make my throat numb. Hiwa and Papa Kea for sure do that. Kavadude told me that he thought making syrup would be a tad weaker. That may be true but I don't notice it because I made mine very strong. This is going to open up doors for those that want the potency of Micronized but cannot handle the thought of a little fiber. Ok, my ears are beginning to ring. The sound of success!

Tidyminion, hang in there. The possibilities are endless. Kava Syrup, Kava Ice Cream, Kava Extract, Kava Chewing Gum .. Wait a minute. I'm in the wrong Movie.
Nice job J-Man it's worth making a bottle of that and setting it aside for those on-the-go moments. There have been a few times when my girlfriend is already out in the car while I'm still in the kitchen chugging and/or bottling up some just made kava before an event. Just take a few swigs out of a juice/soda/water bottle, top it off with the Special Syrup and good to go (y)

Oh yeh, a Kava Sundae sounds pretty good too...