What's new

Still no kava :(

Kajsa Kavat

Kava Curious
Hi kavanauts,

In my last thread I told you that I'm waiting patiently (and excitingly) for my package from Cactus Kava to reach me here in Sweden. But now its been a month and I haven't heard from neither USPS, the swedish customs or the swedish mail service.

I'm not sure how long it usually takes to ship from US to Sweden but the last update I got about the package was from USPS on the 26th of september and it said "Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility". The customs here in Sweden always call you or send a mail if they have confiscated the package. So there is many potential explanations to this situation. Maybe my package simply got lost on its route to Sweden. Or the customs has confiscated it but failed to inform me (highly unlikely though possible). Or hopefully it's on its way.

What do you think I should do? Should I wait a bit longer to see if the package arrives or just make another order using stackry this time? The problem is partly economical (I'm a poor student) but also about me not wanting to order more kava if the customs have already confiscated the first one and thus give customs more reasons to become suspicious. Someone who got any advice or ideas?

I really want my kava. I'm getting impatient. I'm sitting over here in Sweden, cold and miserable, drooling when reading your reviews about different kavas. God, you're lucky... ::kavaleaf::
Also - Thank you all for great advice and nice welcoming replies on my first post! ::yay2::

Last edited:

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
You know I am a Europe based supplier for kava? My site is at kavauk.org. You will need to register and send me a declaration that you are buying it not for human consumption and then I will upgrade your account so you can see my full list. I have sent to Germany, Poland, Norway and Sweden with no problems.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Hi kavanauts,

In my last thread I told you that I'm waiting patiently (and excitingly) for my package from Cactus Kava to reach me here in Sweden. But now its been a month and I haven't heard from neither USPS, the swedish customs or the swedish mail service.

I'm not sure how long it usually takes to ship from US to Sweden but the last update I got about the package was from USPS on the 26th of september and it said "Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility". The customs here in Sweden always call you or send a mail if they have confiscated the package. So there is many potential explanations to this situation. Maybe my package simply got lost on its route to Sweden. Or the customs has confiscated it but failed to inform me (highly unlikely though possible). Or hopefully it's on its way.

What do you think I should do? Should I wait a bit longer to see if the package arrives or just make another order using stackry this time? The problem is partly economical (I'm a poor student) but also about me not wanting to order more kava if the customs have already confiscated the first one and thus give customs more reasons to become suspicious. Someone who got any advice or ideas?

I really want my kava. I'm getting impatient. I'm sitting over here in Sweden, cold and miserable, drooling when reading your reviews about different kavas. God, you're lucky... ::kavaleaf::
Also - Thank you all for great advice and nice welcoming replies on my first post! ::yay2::
cold, miserable and drooling? that's the story of my life, but I am a Canadian.

Kajsa Kavat

Kava Curious
You know I am a Europe based supplier for kava? My site is at kavauk.org. You will need to register and send me a declaration that you are buying it not for human consumption and then I will upgrade your account so you can see my full list. I have sent to Germany, Poland, Norway and Sweden with no problems.
Oh, I didn't know that! Wow this is great news! I have now registered and send a declaration. Thank you Edward!

Last edited:

Kajsa Kavat

Kava Curious
cold, miserable and drooling? that's the story of my life, but I am a Canadian.
It's nice to hear that I'm not alone. I love Canada! Never been there but I bet I rather be drooling in Canada than Sweden. You have fantastic nature, great neuroscience and philosophy, and my favorite astronaut Chris Hadfield is Canadian. Even Jordan B Peterson is Canadian. Yes, I can name drop cool Canadians. How is the legal status of Kava in Canada?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
It's nice to hear that I'm not alone. I love Canada! Never been there but I bet I rather be drooling in Canada than Sweden. You have fantastic nature, great neuroscience and philosophy, and my favorite astronaut Chris Hadfield is Canadian. Even Jordan B Peterson is Canadian. Yes, I can name drop cool Canadians. How is the legal status of Kava in Canada?
Don't forget Rush. Oh, and Bryan Adams! (he is Canadian isn't he?)

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
We apologized for Bryan Adams long ago, that's ancient history.

Kava is legal in Canada to buy and own and drink. Selling it is kind of weird sometimes, so you don't have nakamals, e.g., but it isn't really all that hard to get, just not as easy or as cheap to get in the US and there really isn't much of a kava culture anywhere yet. On a side note, cannabis was made legal effective a week ago, but it's sort of a mess as to getting any in some places, and nowhere near as nice as kava.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Rush Limbaugh is the complete opposite of Canadian. Oh you mean the other Rush? Cheap imitation amyl nitrate poppers that were popular in 1980s discos. Not Canadian, either. There was that movie about Formula 1 racing with Chris Hemsworth, but I think that was English. Hm, I'm drawing a blank here.

Last edited:

schatz

itchin for kava
And lets not forget here in United States we have to be extorted by insurance companies for any healthcare, where as in Canada they are smart enough to have universal healthcare. I know a little too deep, sorry.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Rush Limbaugh is the complete opposite of Canadian. Oh you mean the other Rush? Cheap imitation amyl nitrate poppers that were popular in 1980s discos. Not Canadian, either. There was that movie about Formula 1 racing with Chris Hemsworth, but I think that was English. Hm, I'm drawing a blank here.
Don't know if you're joking about not knowing which "Rush", but he's talking about the rock group.
He unfortunately left out the other Canadian rock trio from the 80's, that's even better - Triumph.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Drooling from not getting any kava ?
I usually drool after too much kava.

And oh, kava will not help with the cold part, I'm sorry

Last edited:

Kajsa Kavat

Kava Curious
Drooling from not getting any kava ?
I usually drool after too much kava.

And oh, kava will not help with the cold part, I'm sorry
Haha sounds like you've never run low on kava for months! Don't try it. I drool from just reading that you drool when you had too much kava!

No, you're right. Kava will probably not help with the cold as in making it hotter in temperature. But maybe kava will be at some use to help me with my psychological capacity to accept and enjoy the cold. It's actually very beautiful here in Sweden during the winter and it's a shame that I don't appreciate it more. Oh, that just gave me a thought - is there some kind of recipe for hot cocoa à la kava? *drooling*

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Oh, that just gave me a thought - is there some kind of recipe for hot cocoa à la kava? *drooling*
:eek::wtf::wtf: Dont do it, youll regret it. kava tastes exponentially worse with temperature.

You might try a steaming hot cup of cocoa with lots of cream as a chaser with your kava. The cream is fatty and may actually potentiate your grog to make it more potent.

Last edited:

Kajsa Kavat

Kava Curious
:eek::wtf::wtf: Dont do it, youll regret it. kava tastes exponentially worse with temperature.

You might try a steaming hot cup of cocoa with lots of cream as a chaser with your kava. The cream is fatty and may actually potentiate your grog to make it more powerful.
Haha euuwh is it that bad? That's a bummer. Thank you for warning me!
I will definitely try that as chaser! So fatty stuff potentiate kava? (and I thought kava couldn't get any better). Do you know why it's potentially potentiating?

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
Haha euuwh is it that bad? That's a bummer. Thank you for warning me!
I will definitely try that as chaser! So fatty stuff potentiate kava? (and I thought kava couldn't get any better). Do you know why it's potentially potentiating?
Most kavalactones in the kava plant aren't water-soluble but they ARE fat-soluble. Eating greasy food or chasing your grog with a beverage containing fat like milk can get some of those kavalactones activated.