What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

blindy107

Kava Lover
This is a selfish request of sorts but I vote Mahakea. I ordered a bunch last week but already thinking about putting in another order for the Mahakea since I wanted to get that one but got sidetracked by the Papa Ele Ele. Let us know what you end up doing though. I have a 4 tbsp batch of Papa Ele Ele micronized sitting in a big bottle at home right now just hanging out until I leave work later.
Yeah i will post back with my thoughts for sure. If i read the Chemotype correctly it looks like its mostly heady with lite muscle relaxation and very lite sedation. does that sound like the Maha to anyone that has tried it?

@StinkWeed I will try a few out the next couple days and keep you posted on what i think and what they do. I am usually awful at reviewing things cause i'm pretty non discriminant. love it all....

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Yeah i will post back with my thoughts for sure. If i read the Chemotype correctly it looks like its mostly heady with lite muscle relaxation and very lite sedation. does that sound like the Maha to anyone that has tried it?
I sing the praises of Mahakea. Admittedly, it holds a special place in my heart for being the first 'awa I ever tried. But the GHK Mahakea honestly surpassed all my previous Maha experiences. 2 tablespoons of micronized was perfectly pleasant and 5 TBSP micro took me all the way to kava-lala-land. That is to say, it soared well past mild relaxation or medicinal and became undeniably recreational. It was the best kava experience I've had in several months. Not even my usual hard hitter has been able to take me all the way lately. 5 TBSP is on the high end of micronized dosing, but if I had more root, I probably would have even pushed it beyond that...just to see what's out there...:wacky: Usually nausea would stop me, but the lack of nausea combined with strong effects really allowed for me to enjoy the experience more than I usually would. The way I think it's meant to be, and probably is for most people.
To me, it's perfectly placed in the middle of heady & heavy on the experience spectrum. I often don't experience kava quite as well or as easily as others...so I can't say if other people will have the same experience with it that I did. But I know one thing for sure, If I had the money, I'd buy every pound available.

Last edited:

blindy107

Kava Lover
I sing the praises of Mahakea. Admittedly, it holds a special place in my heart for being the first 'awa I ever tried. But the GHK Mahakea honestly surpassed all my previous Maha experiences. 2 tablespoons of micronized was perfectly pleasant and 5 TBSP micro took me all the way to kava-lala-land. That is to say, it soared well past mild relaxation or medicinal and became undeniably recreational. It was the best kava experience I've had in several months. Not even my usual hard hitter has been able to take me all the way lately. 5 TBSP is on the high end of micronized dosing, but If I'd had more, I probably would have even pushed it beyond that...just to see what's out there...:wacky: Usually nausea would stop me, but the lack of nausea combined with strong effects really allowed for me to enjoy the experience more than I usually would. The way I think it's meant to be, and probably is for most people.
To me, it's perfectly placed in the middle of heady & heavy on the experience spectrum. I often don't experience kava quite as well or as easily as others...so I can say if other people will have the same experience with it that I did. But I know one thing for sure, If I had the money, I'd buy every pound available.
Yeah? It's that burly? I'm tingling now!! The downside is I have an iron gut and that could get me in trouble...hahaa. That actually helps me Shakas, thank you.
I was wondering how much micro to start with as I have no experience with it.
I tried the Instant from Paradise a few months ago but I feel I was still in RT land as I barely noticed the kava sensations other than super numb mouth.
I have been kneading root exclusively for the majority of my journey. I think i shall start with 2Tbsp and maybe wait 15 minutes between shells instead of my usual 5-10.

p.s. So it sounds like my 1/2lb should last a while..... :cool:

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
Yeah, that sound like a good pace. Hopefully it treats you as well as me. Honestly, I'd probably blow through 1/2 pound in a week...easily.

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
I sing the praises of Mahakea. Admittedly, it holds a special place in my heart for being the first 'awa I ever tried. But the GHK Mahakea honestly surpassed all my previous Maha experiences. 2 tablespoons of micronized was perfectly pleasant and 5 TBSP micro took me all the way to kava-lala-land. That is to say, it soared well past mild relaxation or medicinal and became undeniably recreational. It was the best kava experience I've had in several months. Not even my usual hard hitter has been able to take me all the way lately. 5 TBSP is on the high end of micronized dosing, but if I had more root, I probably would have even pushed it beyond that...just to see what's out there...:wacky: Usually nausea would stop me, but the lack of nausea combined with strong effects really allowed for me to enjoy the experience more than I usually would. The way I think it's meant to be, and probably is for most people.
To me, it's perfectly placed in the middle of heady & heavy on the experience spectrum. I often don't experience kava quite as well or as easily as others...so I can't say if other people will have the same experience with it that I did. But I know one thing for sure, If I had the money, I'd buy every pound available.
I already put an order in for this today based off of Kavalot's review, he called it a "Musician's Dream" and I love to listen to and play music, that was my first "medicine/therapy" in a way, now add good kava... I got a half-pound of medium grind just to try it out - probably go Micronized if that goes well. If I hadn't already put in the order your mini-review would've sold me on it. Sounds perfect.

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
As glowing as the micronized review is, I would also choose the medium grind if I were to order it. As far as the 'Musician's Dream' aspect goes, It's funny you bring it up. The night I had the mahakea flowin' full strength is also the only night this year that I actually felt inspired to pick up my instruments. I was a little uncoordinated...but felt a strong urge to play and listen to music. The enhancement of music is one of the main things I desire from any substance...when I attain full entry to the place I call Kava-lala-land, music is constant, deeply enjoyed and not much else matters.

StinkWeed

Kava Enthusiast
Tonight I've got a bottle full of 4 tbs sifted Fiji waka from bkh shaken in water waiting, its just stuff that comes out of a Fijian strainer bag when you shake it, like the consistency of chalk dust.

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
A helping of Chris's Medium grind Boroguru has melted away all the bad attributes of an overdue cutting of the lawn ,and whooowee does it look good. :D

Only 2 tablespoons today has made pain a fleeting memory. :happy::joyful:
I'm having trouble taking a plunge into Chris's other varieties and grinds right now because of how well balanced this strain has always been for me.....yet he just keeps adding more:eek:! :banghead::D:LOL:
Honestly It's like there's a Ghk tsunami on the way and I have yet to firmly plant my sea legs on high ground if you know what I mean. ;)

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I've been experimenting with Chris's Vanuatu kavas. 2:1 Boroguru:Small hand is excellent. Try it and get back to me.

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
I've been experimenting with Chris's Vanuatu kavas. 2:1 Boroguru:Small hand is excellent. Try it and get back to me.
Ahhh this small hand chap, pchat or w/e it's called :smuggrin: sounds very alluring but unlike the wave of kava washing over Ghk, currently my funds cannot match it's ferocity but when my shock and awe at the sheer amount of micronized alone wavers, than I'll get back to you Kavadude. As of now I'm still satisfied with this well balanced Boroguru. :hungry:
That's a great combo so I will have to mark that on a growing bucket list. (y)

Roaddog

Kava Who?
I got a package yesterday from BKH, that looked a lot like yours. Although your order was a little bigger than mine:(. But that ok. What ya going to try first there @blindy107 , you got my mouth watering. Please tell me what you think of those bottles of Kalm. That stuff looks interesting. I plan to order GHK in the near future. I'm just trying to try every thing I can, so I can find my perfect daily blend. I'm not getting into any hurry either. If it takes a few months, ill have fun in the process. Good for you. Much love. Roaddog....

Roaddog

Kava Who?
SANY0003.JPG

Ya, the hell with it, heres my order. I must say, the Mello mello is awesome, But the Borogu, has a hell of a kick. I'm straining some Waka, right know. Much love. Roaddog....

KavaLot

Kava Enthusiast
Enjoying some of Chris's Boroguru. My 2lb shipment arrived. Looks like a great weekend ahead!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blindy107

Kava Lover
Well fellas. I just started a batch of the mahakea. Letting it cool to drinkable level. I screwed up and had a mondo late lunch so here's hopin!!

Nice order roaddog!

I'm a big fan of the boro as well. It has been my fav so far. Let's see what the maha can do!!

infraredz

BULA!
Damn, all you guys are making me SO jealous right now. I really am missing my kava, especially after not even being able to crack open so many great GHK kava that I have there staring me in the face everyday :(

Hopefully this epidural works and they don't give me some steroid that won't let me drink kava for even longer... I just want my kava! :hungry:

blindy107

Kava Lover
Damn, all you guys are making me SO jealous right now. I really am missing my kava, especially after not even being able to crack open so many great GHK kava that I have there staring me in the face everyday :(

Hopefully this epidural works and they don't give me some steroid that won't let me drink kava for even longer... I just want my kava! :hungry:
Ahh yeah man I hope so too. You have slipped disc or something? I feel like I read it but not sure where.

I think I speak for all of us.... Hope you start feeling better sooner than later! I don't know much about epidurals but I'm not a fan. Maybe because my only experience with one was watching the doc tell wife they didn't have time to give her it before the baby came. Shortly after that we reenacted that famous scene from The Exorcist.....with the head spinning. Odd thing... :hilarious:

blindy107

Kava Lover
What are the opinions of hydration and kava. I drink almost a gallon at work and not much more water when I'm home. Should I be drinking more post kava or is my work water "banking" up for the day to prevent dehydration at night when krunked?