What's new

One Shell of Bad Tudei....

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
That was just kind of a sick joke on my part... I don't really believe that is likely.. I was referring to a recent case where some people did get rat lungworm disease from kava in Hawaii, but in that case they had left an uncovered bucket of kava out for some time in an infested area.
I was just taking part in the fun, I really didn't even consider it a possibility either. I just wanted to see if I got any reaction from the suggestion :D

Zaphod

Kava Lover
This is mind-boggling... First you make multiple comments about N@H Stone including "This Stone batch had pretty overwhelming Tudei effects" and "I would be shocked if it wasn't mostly Tudei".

Then you make a sudden u-turn, saying "I went back and tried the Stone and Black Sand and didn't feel those effects again. Could be that I was ill". So, were the other eight people who reported bad effects wrong too?

You must think so, because next thing we know you're sitting in N@H's kava bar in Florida saying "I've been drinking Stone all night at the Naka bar in Boca Raton. It's epic, and certainly Noble."

And now, after "hopping around all the kava bars in Florida", you end a long night of kava guzzling with a single shell from Purple Lotus and declare"Those guys need to be blacklisted..."

Just, wow.
Usually when I see such a u-turn and quick change of opinion I immediately question if there is some financial incentive involved....

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I find it sad that you feel the need to attack my "credibility."

My 8+ year blog, with hundreds of hits per day, is enough to validate me as a "credible" reviewer.

I never claimed to be a scientist. I'm a guy who drinks Kava and blogs about it.

@Myk I did think of the possibility of K@ contamination. But I specifically told them I want only Kava and watched the scoop it into the shell. Of course, it's possible there was K@ in the shell. I've never done K@ so I have no idea how it feels. This Kava gave me a similar reaction to Hanakapi'Ai by GHK - jumpy vision, nausea, and irritability.
?!? and now were throwing Hanakapi'Ai under the bus....wow seriously. Pretty sure that Hanakapi"Ai did not test positive for tudei like the Stone did.

NAMBATU

Kava Enthusiast
I don't think Kavasseur is corrupt. He's a bit loony and frequently annoying, but I wouldn't go further than that. I wish there was someone with his volume of output who's less erratic.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
He's a bit loony
I think we need to keep in mind that generally kava drinkers (or at least quite a few in the US) start drinking kava because they're high strung and/or need to release some of the pent up anxieties that we experience on a daily basis. Kavasseur's loonyness is, to me, needed in his videos as it conveys his loss of that anxiety. I enjoy it, but hey I'm a bit loony myself.

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
I think we need to keep in mind that generally kava drinkers (or at least quite a few in the US) start drinking kava because they're high strung and/or need to release some of the pent up anxieties that we experience on a daily basis. Kavasseur's loonyness is, to me, needed in his videos as it conveys his loss of that anxiety. I enjoy it, but hey I'm a bit loony myself.
Another loony here, we are in good company

D

Deleted User01

?!? and now were throwing Hanakapi'Ai under the bus....wow seriously. Pretty sure that Hanakapi"Ai did not test positive for tudei like the Stone did.
Oh man, Hanapaki'Ai is my favorite heavy Kava. Had 2 shells last night. Very, very relaxin' and Noble as the day is long. I don't recommend it for daytime use but I do recommend it after a long weekend of back breaking gardening and house chores.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I know that Hanakapi'Ai is Noble. It's very strong though! I'm not necessarily being critical.

And to the point about being inconsistent - well, welcome to being human!

I am loony.
One thing that I have loved about this group has been the kindness towards each other. It really pulled me into here to give Kava a chance to be honest. I could sense the peace. It is also an example to others that are first to visit.
I have always loved Kavasseur's reviews. I have no idea how he keeps track of all those Kava's and there is bound to be variability of opinion quantifying that many samples.
I definitely wouldn't want Walter Cronkite doing my Kava reviews. :) "And now... my first shell.............................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... I feel a slight tingle in my large toe....................And that is the Kava review. Good night folks."

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
At the risk of sounding weird, I'm weird maybe (Sat. I found a NM copy of Zappa's 200 Motels on 8-track for a buck, along with some other great 8-tracks and vinyl, while dealing with a long walk related to my entire exhaust system falling out far from home and counted the day a happy one), but I'm not a loony.

I was straight and sane before I started drinking kava, and kava just makes me straighter and saner, it's like the anti-drug drug. It takes straight and sober to a whole new level. No?