What's new

"50% higher efficacy of the combination passiflora/kava in comparison with the single substances"

R

Rookietwoshoes

Well in all honesty, I did not feel as though it intensified the Mo'i . It might have even taken it down a notch and made it less heady, albeit more calming. Maybe this is a good mix for more sedating strains.
@blindy107 - did you try it tonight?
@ObiNouekFoNobl How many tea bags do you normally brew ? Do you drink the tea with heady strains and still notice potentiation? Regardless , it's late and that's never a good time to gauge things scientifically. Tomorrow might yield different results. Over and out.

Last edited by a moderator:

blindy107

Kava Lover
I tried two of my veggie caps and normal dose of boroguru. Drank about half before getting the nods. But I have been totally exhausted from cleaning and moving lately. I'll continue testing.

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
I tried two of my veggie caps and normal dose of boroguru. Drank about half before getting the nods. But I have been totally exhausted from cleaning and moving lately. I'll continue testing.
I haven't noticed much if anything from the pf extracts , I think perhaps it may be a lot like kava where it's about getting superior grade pf.
Well in all honesty, I did not feel as though it intensified the Mo'i . It might have even taken it down a notch and made it less heady, albeit more calming. Maybe this is a good mix for more sedating strains.
@blindy107 - did you try it tonight?
@ObiNouekFoNobl How many tea bags do you normally brew ? Do you drink the tea with heady strains and still notice potentiation? Regardless , it's late and that's never a good time to gauge things scientifically. Tomorrow might yield different results. Over and out.
The yogi tea has 36mg pf extract which is not much, with so many varying ingredients in the formula, this is probably not a good way to asses this finding individually nor for the board.

Last edited:

blindy107

Kava Lover
I haven't noticed much if anything from the pf extracts , I think perhaps it may be a lot like kava where it's about getting superior grade pf.

The yogi tea has 36mg pf extract which is not much, with so many varying ingredients in the formula, this is probably not a good way to asses this finding individually nor for the board.
It's not an extract. It's just milled flower powder I think. Will continue testing.

R

Rookietwoshoes

@blindy107 - I think he means that the yogi tea we purchased only contains an small percentage of extract and isn't strong enough to significantly increase the effect. Moreover, the gelatin in the pills you bought take longer to dissolve compared to the immediate effects of the kava. ... Probably best to take the pills 40 minutes prior to drinking the kava.
PS -The Alvita tea is straight up passionflower and may be preferable to the Yogi brand.

ApéroNoble

Researchers have found that pf can potentate the effects of many compositions not just kava & the others listed in the Kava & pf extracts combo study.

Just as we've found with kava, it's not easy to compartmentalize these plants or put them in a box.The precise moa is still not quite understood, but the anxiolytic and sedative

properties are believed to be from activation of GABA receptors. There are over 400 varieties of pf with traditional use & properties

associated with anxiolytic, antispasmodic, anti-depressant, narcotic, sedative. So I don't think this is going to be a nice bunny with a bow we pick up in shop, but down

the rabbit hole we go.

Last edited:
R

Rookietwoshoes

The bottom line is that I don't want to mix it with high kavain strains if it's going to take away from its effects and morph it into a more sedating strain. The question is whether pf potentiates the overall existing chemo type or impacts only the sedating kavalactones .

ApéroNoble

The bottom line is that I don't want to mix it with high kavain strains if it's going to take away from its effects and morph it into a more sedating strain. The question is whether pf potentiates the overall existing chemo type or impacts only the sedating kavalactones .
It's not going to morph kavain into a sedating strain. It does have sedating properties so if you're not looking to relax, don't take it. The second question to my mind depends on many things, pf strain, person, psychoactive effects of apigenin and C-glycosyl favones, amount consumed, combined anti-depressant effects, etc. I think it will be interesting to see what kind of experiences people weigh in with.

Last edited: