What's new

"50% higher efficacy of the combination passiflora/kava in comparison with the single substances"

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast

Some species are apoarently toxic. Random passion flowers seems not a good idea, MAOI is probably the culprit, harmalas + kava is probably suspect with more than minute doses. Kava and caapi is probably too strong combination, and was advised against in an interaction table.

Hermes

Kava Curious
Glad to hear that passion flower can be of some use, at least in combination. While a sort of attractive flower (like some alien) I found Passiflora incarnata completely useless in my garden and herbal apothecary chest. Maybe I did something wrong. Kava and scullcap - completely different in utility. For me, anyway.

Hermes

Kava Curious
We churn slowly, but we're here! Thanks for the tip. I had a kava made from Karuna Kava that had a touch of caffeine and it seemed to synergize very nicely.
Kava and caffeine? Alcohol and coffee combined (e.g. Irish coffee) always had a strange effect on me - one pushing me up, the other pushing me down.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Kava and caffeine? Alcohol and coffee combined (e.g. Irish coffee) always had a strange effect on me - one pushing me up, the other pushing me down.
It can definitely feel strange, especially if you're sensitive to caffeine to begin with.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Any species of tree to survive Hiroshima must be great! But would I combine it with kava?
I've never seen this picture before. That is absolutely wild. There are still leaves on that tree, and judging by the damage pattern it must be close to ground zero.