What's new

"50% higher efficacy of the combination passiflora/kava in comparison with the single substances"

R

Rookietwoshoes

Rhonda is of no help to you anymore.
Do not resist or you risk subsequent paddles.

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
A word of caution, everyone needs to be careful with pf, especially extracts. This is not like kava where we have huge data of traditional use.

"Please do not ever use passion flower to get high. They are relatively safe as they contain only very modest amounts of toxic substances, and any cyanide present is broken down by boiling. However these toxic substances include MAO (monoamine oxidase) inhibiting beta-carboline alkaloids such as harmaline and harmine, which, if concentrated enough by extraction, can cause unpredictable, severe or fatal interactions both with prescription drugs and some foods and drinks. Gracie and Zarkov, psychedelic voyagers in the 1980's, comment, 'The dangerous interaction usually precipitates a hypertensive crisis and certain people are especially sensitive to the effects, particularly those with heart abnormalities or high blood pressure. We ourselves have had a few close calls while investigating the beta-carbolines."

"there are so many Passiflora species that no work has been done on that we simply don't know what is in them, some could be very potent."

"Some enthusiasts
...prepared 5lb of fresh P. incarnata foliage and reported:-

'Within about 20 minutes, we all began to experience some profound
behavioral shifts, all of us acting in a more "primal" manner. We were also quite energized and "up", with some slight distortion of colors. This very fun state lasted about three hours or so, followed by a very deep sleep in which all involved experienced quite profound dream states.'
Excessive doses of therapeutic commercial products may also have some effect."

@blindy107 Probably best to take the pills 40 minutes prior to drinking the kava.
Please don't do this.

((always examine your bottle to see if the pills are pf extract !!))

Last edited:

blindy107

Kava Lover
Mine states it's just milled flowers smooshed into gelcaps.

Supplement Facts
Serving Size 2 Capsules

Servings Per Container 50

Amount Per Serving%Daily Value
Passion Flower(Passiflora incarnata) (aerial with blossoms)700 mg*
*Daily Value not established.

Other ingredients: Gelatin Capsule.

blindy107

Kava Lover
17.8 minutes is the control time. 91.8% increase makes it 34.1 minutes. Is that what you are confused about? Or am I now missing something?

Or are you referring to the fact that stacking them at the same time is a 91% boost whereas, individually administered "combined" effect would be 98%? It seems like there is some overlap in effect.

The problem I see is that even if you wait an hour between dosing either one it's still effective in your system essentially acting as "simultaneous" administration, correct?

muzzled dogg

Kava Curious
Sorry to bump and old thread but I thought I should share my experience.

A cup of passionflower tea made with one heaping tablespoon of powdered dried leaves and stems immediately prior to a shell made with one leveled tbsp GHK's Maheka micro did nothing to potentiate the effects.

DanJames

Hi all not sure how active this group is but both me and my gf have found a massive increase in kava effect from adding ginkgo to the mix. Empty tummy then maybe some form of caffeine followed by ginkgo and kava is the key

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hi all not sure how active this group is but both me and my gf have found a massive increase in kava effect from adding ginkgo to the mix. Empty tummy then maybe some form of caffeine followed by ginkgo and kava is the key
We churn slowly, but we're here! Thanks for the tip. I had a kava made from Karuna Kava that had a touch of caffeine and it seemed to synergize very nicely.