What's new

Boroguru

kl.new2kava

Kava Enthusiast
Having a Fijan strainer works great with this grind. If I put a half cup in to a batch I'll have a little over a quarter left in the bag after the kneading and all that will remain is all th stuff you wouldn't want to drink. I've found it works much better than toss and chug and isn't nasty and nauseating. It blends great with nambawen as well, a 3 to 1 ratio really evens out the effects and synergizes nicely.

kl.el187joker

Kava Enthusiast
I just placed my order last last. i Am really excited about this one. It seems to be a strong one. will post when i recieve and try out my oder.

kl.Dubkava

Kava Curious
Boroguru is great. You won't be disappointed. I get instant body relaxation that builds over time. There is also a pretty smooth heady effect that I find creeps up in the background aswell. Great kava

kl.el187joker

Kava Enthusiast
Just received my boroguru. danm this is like freaking chalk powder.(im a tradional hand kneaded so not so enthused) before when i heard of people drinking unfiltered kava i was almost repulsed (being used to chiefs)but i can see how with this stuff. going to try it out right now. just licked my measuring spoon and wow never tasted such a pleasantly mild kava before. will post after an hour or so, im just gunna try 2table spoons with 2 cups of water and see how that goes.

kl.el187joker

Kava Enthusiast
Whao! this hit me so HARD! and i made 4 tablespoon with 2 cups water. this is a heavy hitter right here danm! this is my kinda brew right here. muscle are melted completely. i feel so great. next time im going to do have that powder. this bag should last a while. oh yeah and it aint so mild.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Nope...not so mild in terms of effects. The first time I was truly krunk and floored was on BKH Boroguru. My list of favorites is really short ( only two!) and this is one of them.

kavalover

Outsider
The last time I ordered this stuff it was mostly wood chips. This time around it's a pretty fine grind. Definitely easier to knead this stuff. Can't wait to have a few shells.

kl.Dubkava

Kava Curious
The more kava I try the more I realise how much I love Boroguru!! Such a smooth kava in every way. Great on its own and also superb when mixed with most high kavain kavas.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Whew, just finished off a big bowl of boroguru. Not sure if its the new grind or the strainer, but that stuff is SPICY compared to the last batch I had. First time kava has triggered a serious gag reflex for me. Still enjoying it though.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I think maybe the temperature of the water I used had something to do with it. I've been heating up my water to about 100F recently. Today I did the same, but I put it in a pitcher in the fridge for a while and drank it over time. Much better.

kl.el187joker

Kava Enthusiast
kavadude said:
"I think maybe the temperature of the water I used had something to do with it. I've been heating up my water to about 100F recently. Today I did the same, but I put it in a pitcher in the fridge for a while and drank it over time. Much better."

i made my kava with hot water one time(though my water may have been hotter than that) and it was terible. it brought out a very bitter taste that made it almost undrinkable.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Ahhhh....merry x-mas eve to me. I just got my bag in the mail this morning. Oh yeah, I cracked that baby open today.

Whoa, this batch is beyond "oily" it's down right sticky! It's got a stronger smell and flavor than the last batch. Mmmmm...it brings back memories of that first bag though.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
I still need to try this new boroguru.. Sounds like its some superb stuff. Lately I've been stuck on stone, but me and boroguru go back a ways.. Ah the memories

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
I was really close to just rolling over and falling asleep. This batch is some serious root. For a second there it was reminding me of some of the stuff coming out of PNG.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
I did drink so much on Xmas that I fell asleep, which was lucky, because it turned out an emergency came up and I had to drive for a few hours later on.

kl.pep4848

Kava Curious
Prince Philip said:
kavadude wrote:First time kava has triggered a serious gag reflex for me. Still enjoying it though.
I doubt it will be the last.
Yea, I had terrible gag reflex, leading to projectile vomiting the other night. I did however successfully pound back 1/2 cup of Fiji Waka from KBR and am currently feeling great. I made sure to make it with cool water as i find warmer water exaggerates the gag reflex.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Prince Philip said:
kavadude said:
First time kava has triggered a serious gag reflex for me. Still enjoying it though.
I doubt it will be the last.
Winner. Managed to throw up the other night. Not really sure why as it was far from the nastiest kava I've made, but hey. I've switched to cold water and I like it a lot more, even if it might be less potent.

kl.arkitech

Kava Curious
How much kava are you guys using for a bowl? For some reason kava is very unpredictable for me, sometimes I can enjoy a really mellow night after drinking, but on others I hardly feel a thing. I always drink kava on a empty stomach, I knead for about 5-10 minutes and before that I blend the mixture (with lecithin) for about a minute or so. Not sure if my reverse tolerance has'nt kicked in or what. I've been drinking kava for about a month now, maybe a little longer. Each night I keep hoping that this will be the one where the reverse tolerance is finally over, but so far my krunks are pretty rare and random. It seems like only if I use 6-7 really heaping tablespoons will I get an effect. Unfortunately I burn through kava pretty fast that way.

signed
krunkless in chicago