What's new

Boroguru

kl.CharlieE1992

Kava Curious
Looking forward to trying it Judd, literally just ordered my first KG of Boroguru now! Ordered that and a fijan strainer bag.

I'm hoping it provides me with some good muscle relaxation as that's what initially intrigued me about Kava :) Hoping it doesn't take me long to break through reverse tolerance and all that! I'm new to the whole Kava stuff :)

I made an order to the UK about a week ago - will I be getting the new grind? The Borugu (that I ordered accidentally) is so fine that I have to use winter tights - and I think l some gets lost because of that.

I mean no worries if not, but it would be cool if the grind was just a little bit coarser. Guess I'll find out soon enough anyway (smiley: happy)

kl.CharlieE1992

Kava Curious
Jay dubs how long did it take in the end for your order to arrive? Mine was dispatched on the 2nd April and is currently stuck on the processed through usps sort delivery in the second sort office in LA. It's been stuck on this bit since the 7th.

Bit worried there's a problem. I've also read some people on other forums say with uk deliveries you sometimes have to pay a handling fee (tax etc) - is this the case with orders of kava? I'm in london.

Cheers

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Charlie- Pay no attention to USPS tracking info. It's likely in UK customs awaiting inspection and release. USPS tracking works well within the US, and although foreign post has the ability to update tracking for USPS shipments, 99% of the time they don't. International orders pretty much always says that they're at the LA sort facility as the last update.

kl.el187joker

Kava Enthusiast
this kava was a lifesaver today. my lower back was killing me all day at work so i made up a batch about 3/4 gallon water to 1 1/2 boroguru new grind and wow i feel amazing. absolutely alleviated my pain completely after a couple cups. now just nursing my krunk with a lil shot every 20 mins or so.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Made a batch of 6 tablespoons to two cups water and then immediately after I made a second wash with 1 cup of water in a separate bowl. The odd thing is that the second wash had more yellow resin

Ed!

Kava Enthusiast
Krunkedout said:
Made a batch of 6 tablespoons to two cups water and then immediately after I made a second wash with 1 cup of water in a separate bowl. The odd thing is that the second wash had more yellow resin 
Was your second wash a heated water one?

hey ya'll,

just had my first batch of REAL kava ever... and its great! I'm trying out the Boroguru from BKH. I wish I would have read this thread first, but all is well. :)

First off, somehow I totally forgot to blend it! BUT, I also did a half cup, with 3 parts water, which is probably too much for my first time, so I'm guessing that it's all balancing out? (I was wondering why I didn't have that foamy resin everyone talks about)

So, whats the deal with this lecithin stuff, is it worth getting?

Also, @Judd, will there be any instant available again soon? I do a lot of traveling and speaking, and I need something for on the go!

Anyone know how long this stuff will keep in the fridge? Will it be just as potent?

What other stuff does a newbie like me need to know? Thanks "Krunkedout" for all your posts, I've read a lot of your stuff, and it's been very helpful getting started.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
A lot of folks here don't use blenders or lethicin and find it works fine. Those may speed up the process, but aren't necessary to get maximum potency. Personally I find cleaning the blender annoying as heck so I don't use it. I've never bothered to try lethicin as everything I've read here suggests it doesn't really help.

pooley

Kava Curious
Hi peeps,

I'm new to kava, Just ordered some of this after reading this thread as it sounds good.

Hope it will help with my anxiety and for a bit recreational fun :)

kl.midas

Kava Enthusiast
pooley said:
Hi peeps,

I'm new to kava, Just ordered some of this after reading this thread as it sounds good.

Hope it will help with my anxiety and for a bit recreational fun :)
Hello and welcome. Lots of people on here use kava for anxiety relief, I hope you find it helps you too. Let us know how it goes for you :)

kl.Diego55

Kava Curious
Hi there, I am just trying to find the best way how to prepare Boroguru kava. According to your experiences with Boroguru, what would be the best ratio and how many milliliters of water per grams of kava should I use to make relaxation beverage with anxiolytic effect ? I am going to face a very stressful situation and since I have been suffering from GAD and social anxiety so it will be very difficult and stressfull day for me. I need to stay relaxed and calm with aid of kava, but I definitely do not want to get totally spaced-out or feeling heady, drunk.... but relaxed and still functional !

Do you think, if I mix 50 grams of boroguru with 500 ml of water, so should it be sufficient amount to get the desired effect? I would really love to hear some advice on this..

Thank you in advance !