What's new

Hawaiian Kava Center Tudei

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeepOnKrunkin'

Kava Enthusiast
Your right this is a good thread since the vast majority of every goddam thing I've read on the internet is totally wrong I'll take my chances.

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
@Pacifico I think you're going a little overboard, personally. No need to call him a hypocrite, etc.

I think the moral of the story, and no one disagrees, is that Noble Kava > Tudei Kava. If you want to try Tudei kava, you should know the risks. It seems like he understands the risks and has weighed them. We're all different and use kava for different reasons. No need to judge him so harshly.
I offered examples in an open conversation that show hypocrisy on behalf of the posting member who harshly rejects the critiquing of his post. I referred to him as a hypocrite because he is being hypocritical.

KeepOnKrunkin'

Kava Enthusiast
Kava enjoys the good fortune of its growers NOT being in the growing business solely for financial gain. They do it for the love of kava.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
For those who are new to kava and who are contemplating using tudei after reading the first post in this thread, I would like to clarify one issue.
The vast majority of the members of this forum advises against using tudei not because two day kavas are "stronger". In fact, when you look at the kl % revealed by @Deleted User below, many of the known tudeis have lower concentrations of kavalactones than some of the good noble kavas. The problem with two day kavas is that they are likely to give you adverse and unpleasant effects that may last for quite a long time. Some people might be interested in these adverse effects, but MOST people, including those who LOVE super strong kavas, hate them. In Vanuatu, where people drink stronger kava than you can possibly imagine, even the most hardcore drinkers avoid two day kava - not because it is "too strong" for them, but because it is so unpleasant and because it can make them feel miserable and useless for a long time.

Here are some commonly available "two day" or "non-noble" kavas. The first entry is PNG Isa as tested by Dr. Lebot, and is provided for reference. All other tests were performed personally, using USP HPLC Method for Piper methysticum Root and Rhizome Powder, Final Authorized Version 1.0.

View attachment 3128

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
HKC sells it for a reason so alot of people must disagree w/ you. So far so good. No complaints yet.
I am sorry to say that the reason that Isa is sold so much over here in Hawaii is because that is all they can get. There is just not that many people growing Hawaiian kava, there is a lot of Isa because nobody really wants it, since there is a shortage of Hawaiian kava they turn to the only thing that is available, the Isa. This means it is for the money, not the quality of kava. I bet if HKC had as much Hawaiian kava that I do, he would not sell Isa. If you were to come to Hawaii and try to start a kava farm you would find it very hard to find cuttings for Hawaiian kava, you would find it easy to find Isa cuttings because it grows so fast and easy. I know a lot of people that are have been looking for Hawaiian kava cuttings but can not find enough, there is a shortage. the only reason I have so much is because ever since the 1990's when the liver scare started I decided to take a back seat to kava and not sell it, I started planting it and planting it, I kept this up, till now. I do not sell cuttings because I keep them for my farm and to expand it, I have plenty of acres to plant so I will not run out of Hawaiian kava, I even supply some local kava sellers here in Hawaii with Noble Hawaiian kava because they can not find a supply of Hawaiian kava, all they can find is Isa. Trust me the Isa drinkers are a minority. And this is just to show you that your statement is not true, they do not sell a bunch because there is soooo many people out there that like the tudei kava, it is the opposite, there is more that do not like Isa, they prefer noble, it has been this way for thousands of years. Kava drinkers from long ago like noble not tudei for a daily drinking kava Do not get me wrong I do not mind you trying Isa but I do mind that a person that is new to kava might want to try it and not know what he is getting into, for this reason I try to make it known the bad effect that people can get, maybe not your but there are much more people that get bad effect than good ones, and there is many many more people that drink noble over tudei, that is a fact. Enjoy your Isa, aloha.

Chris

Last edited:

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
ps @KeepOnKrunkin' - And btw, nothing personal at all. I haven't caused trouble around here for a while and the Friday thread is a bit dull. You can drink two day kava 'til the cows come home as far as I'm concerned, I just want to make sure people understand there is a difference and provide information for them to make a choice.

I also want to wipe two day kava from the planet, but that's another topic really. :D
I also want to wipe tudei kava from the menu of kava, it does not belong there. When people think of kava they think of the drink, not the medicinal part of kava, tudei is reserved for medicine and only in certain cases. Noble kava has always been the kava we think of. Only since people that do not understand the place of tudei kava sell it or it is just for the money for them. I can see in the future that tudei kava will either go away or it will damage kava's name in society and it will only hurt the kava market. Imagine if it did hurt the kava market in a way that the FDA steps in and then we might not be able to get even noble kava, then you will not even have any kava to drink Again I am only saying this to let the new ones know about kava, the real kava not the medicinal kava. I do not care if you drink it or not, this is not against you, it is against tudei kava. I also intend to bring this subject up that the 2015 International Kava Conference because we are trying to get the kava market to have a good kava product that is safe for all so that the kava tradition can continue. Aloha.

Chris

KeepOnKrunkin'

Kava Enthusiast
Again if I or any rational person based the soundess of they're decisions on the wisdom of the internet they'd belive alot of total BS. E.g, Swowden is really a rogue NSA analyst, Oswald acted alone, & 9/11 was a "terror" attack. No tudei is NOT a daily drinker & yes it should be of very limited use & it is easily THE worst tasting vile crap I've ever drank by far. It, however, should not be eradicated. Jonathan seemed like someone I'd gladly toss back a few shells w/. Regardess of this fuss about picking gnat shit out of pepper I still prefer kava a helluva lot more than booze.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Again if I or any rational person based the soundess of they're decisions on the wisdom of the internet they'd belive alot of total BS. E.g, Swowden is really a rogue NSA analyst, Oswald acted alone, & 9/11 was a "terror" attack. No tudei is NOT a daily drinker & yes it should be of very limited use & it is easily THE worst tasting vile crap I've ever drank by far. It, however, should not be eradicated. Jonathan seemed like someone I'd gladly toss back a few shells w/. Regardess of this fuss about picking gnat shit out of pepper I still prefer kava a helluva lot more than booze.
I am glad you realize that tudei is not for daily drinking and yes Johnathan is a great guy, I know him, he is a member of the Hawaii Awa Council of which I am the president of. Please do not take all of this the wrong way, I am not picking anything out of a pepper as you put it and the stuff I say is on the internet but it is also very true with a lot of years of history to back it up and plenty of users stories also to back it up and even science is backing it up now. We never had to deal with a tudei problem till people wanted to make more money at the expense of true kava, the noble kava so now we have to deal with it, remember I did not say it should be eradicated, I said it should be taken off the kava menu. When we are dealing with kava we should strive to deal with the historically safe kava that is all. That is in fact what kava is all about. I have said this many times before that I wish everyone could experience the way kava used to be, before all this humbug with the liver damage allegations and the tudei stuff that people are selling now and the low quality kava that some people sell. I do want to sellers to stop selling it because I truly believe that it will in time give kava a bad name, meaning all kava will be lumped together in one category. I commend you for wanting kava over booze and I hope that you are not offended by the way I am strongly against tudei. It is simply to preserve the true traditional culture of kava and to have the true kava and the benefits of true noble kava available to all, world wide. If your ever in Hawaii look me up and I will take you to my farm and let you pick what ever noble kava you want and we will make some fresh root together. (y) Aloha nui loa.

Chris

Last edited:

KeepOnKrunkin'

Kava Enthusiast
I base my opinion on my own experiences not someone else's. I think your blowing this whole thing waaay out of proportion. I suspect ta big part of the tudei bad reputation is the horrible taste NOT the health concerns as plenty of people experienced problems w/ noble too. Mostly due to the use of non-lateral roots, etc.. No problems so far w/ HKC's badass tudei.

Status
Not open for further replies.