What's new

Is Cactus Kava out of business? (Still in business)

Status
Not open for further replies.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Its definitely a prickily situation. Hard to believe it remains such a mystery.
Well, the guy did receive a shipping confirmation.

I just ordered some Cactus myself, because I was out of Eva, so I'll let you all know when it arrives. I do have to say it would be nice if the new owner would at least come by here to say hello... That's something I really appreciate about all the great vendors who frequent this forum: that they are willing to take the time to come chat with us...

TheKavaFlow

Kava Podcaster
Hey Everybody!

Sorry for the late reply, things have been hectic in my personal life so I haven't been around much. Glad to hear the order was shipped out. I'm still in contact with the owner every once in a while, so I can reach out in outstanding situations, but I would rather have him run his own customer service ;-)

I hope everyone can trust me in saying that he's a super reputable guy, very honest and genuine, and I wouldn't have sold the company to someone who didn't have a love for good noble kava. I can confirm he's still using my old suppliers and generally doing business in the same way I did. I agree @verticity , that would be nice.

Palmetto

Thank God!
Nambawan is very unique from many of the Kava’s I’ve experienced and @Krunkie McKrunkface could probably attest to that. At first it might seem underwhelming but you start getting a very calm chill feeling. As you down a few more shells it can start to pick up quickly but tends to feel very clear and clean. Of course this might be different for you. I’d recommend giving it another try in the future but it’s completely possible that it’s just not for you.

All that said I wouldn’t be concerned with the Nangol. When I try a new Kava I generally take it a bit slower than usual. I always do a large session that is traditionally kneaded in a attempt to eliminate any extra variables. Than space out the shells probably one every 20 mins. That gives you time to experience what each shell does before overconsumption. Respect the root!
Nambawan left me sitting on my couch feeling stooopid! Staring down at some object left on the floor. No deep thoughts, don't pass go. don't collect euphoria. That's not what I usually drink kava for. But I did have the most awesome sleep and dreams after Nambawan. I think Nangol is Nambawan + methysticin.

Thuja

Kava Curious
Ok then, I should be receiving my micronized Cactus Loa Lawena any minute now and am looking forward to trying it. I have not had kava for several months and now going into the holidays and last week's of the semester, my anxiety is running high. I hope I do not have to deal with the reverse tolerance issue but it has probably been too long. Any recommendations on getting the most out of this? Magic bullet and some coconut milk?

verticity

I'm interested in things
Ok then, I should be receiving my micronized Cactus Loa Lawena any minute now and am looking forward to trying it. I have not had kava for several months and now going into the holidays and last week's of the semester, my anxiety is running high. I hope I do not have to deal with the reverse tolerance issue but it has probably been too long. Any recommendations on getting the most out of this? Magic bullet and some coconut milk?
With the micronized you can just mix a tablespoon in a cup of water and drink it. Lawena is fairly mild because it is made from the root stump which is lower in kavalactones than the lateral roots, so you might need to use more to get the desired effect, but space out your shells to avoid nausea. Usually it is good to wait 1/2 hour or so between shells when you are using an unfamiliar kava for the first time to see how it effects you.

Drink it on an empty stomach to get the strongest effect. Shortly before a meal is a good time.

Thuja

Kava Curious
With the micronized you can just mix a tablespoon in a cup of water and drink it. Lawena is fairly mild because it is made from the root stump which is lower in kavalactones than the lateral roots, so you might need to use more to get the desired effect, but space out your shells to avoid nausea. Usually it is good to wait 1/2 hour or so between shells.
I have never really experienced nausea from kava, and I did find this post http://kavaforums.com/forum/threads/micronized-blender-method.2515/ from @KavaLot I think I'll try out this afternoon.

Thuja

Kava Curious
Now I need to figure out how to afford this everyday. Are there any bulk deals, deals for disabled veterans, seasonal sales, or other ways in which a person can afford use this medicinally on a daily basis? I have not felt this calm in a long time, kava could literally save my life.

Thuja

Kava Curious
If I wake up in the middle of the night I have a shell. Blisses me back to sleep and the next day afterglow
I just prepared one for the fridge. I am usually up a couple times each night and I figure I will try this a few hours before I get up because I want that afterglow your talking about. I can't remembered the last time I :whistle: while cooking and dong dishes.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Now I need to figure out how to afford this everyday. Are there any bulk deals, deals for disabled veterans, seasonal sales, or other ways in which a person can afford use this medicinally on a daily basis? I have not felt this calm in a long time, kava could literally save my life.
You can try the medium grind powder instead of micronized. That is quite a bit less expensive, although preparation requires a little more effort. But for strictly medicinal purposes a little actually goes a long way. You don't need to drink a large amount of it for mild anxiety relief.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
"In other news, the True Kava Forums found my product alert as a great opportunity to go on an anti-Kavasseur tirade again. No surprises there."

LOL. A few posts constitutes a tirade? :woot::woot::woot:
I just don't get it. Did Kavasseur think that Cactus was out of business? They changed ownership a while ago, but that's it.

Doug, man... just talk to the kava vendors by email or message, or whatever. They're all decent people and easy to communicate with, but then again I'm not a Kava journalist.

verticity

I'm interested in things
So my Eva arrived this afternoon. Or I assume it is my Eva. According to USPS tracking a package from Cactus Kava was delivered to my mailbox, which is a few blocks away from my house, so I have not retrieved it and verified the contents yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.