What's new

Normal Side Effects of Kava

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Now see, maybe this is why Tudei never puts me down. I usually brew up big, drinkable bowls of Kava. I like to be able to sit and drink the Kava for an hour or so and enjoy the flavor. When I have brewed up thick grogs I have typically gotten the gag reflex.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
You know I bet there's something to that, for sure. I typically drink powdered kava in 10oz kava "shots". Absolutely awful, but it's quick. When I make fresh frozen kava, I go the more water route.

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
Now see, maybe this is why Tudei never puts me down. I usually brew up big, drinkable bowls of Kava. I like to be able to sit and drink the Kava for an hour or so and enjoy the flavor. When I have brewed up thick grogs I have typically gotten the gag reflex.
something something *grumble* tudei something

Let's be chill about this comment please, it's been a fun thread so far -- don't ruin it, boys! And, erm, girls.

blindy107

Kava Lover
8 tbsp is half a cup.

But with all the different grinds these days I should really start weighing.

If you compare the new borogu from kalm with any other more finely ground root you can tell volume is gonna be an issue. Haha! I'll post pics tonight actually. At first I was like "dammmn! Mike @Kalm with Kava hooked it up!" But it's just an illusion....::awesomesmiles::

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
something something *grumble* tudei something

Let's be chill about this comment please, it's been a fun thread so far -- don't ruin it, boys! And, erm, girls.
I'm a firm believer that we can agree to disagree and still be friends. My wife and I do this pretty regularly. I buy a pair of house slippers, she hates them, I love them. We're still friends. Actually we're still married....and I got to keep the slippers.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
One cup may be 16 tbsps. in the fairy cake making measuring world but if you're heapin' 'em you could easily say it's double that ;-)

Effects... Procrastination... I get this thing where I'm tired and know I want to go to bed but can't be bothered to move and end up staying up later than intended as a result.

(oh, and... shhh! Great thread so far, good topic and no arguing :) )

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
I'm a firm believer that we can agree to disagree and still be friends. My wife and I do this pretty regularly. I buy a pair of house slippers, she hates them, I love them. We're still friends. Actually we're still married....and I got to keep the slippers.
Nostalgia, my family called them slippers in PA but I said where are my slippers to my southern girlfriend and she said where are your what?

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
Slight nausea if shells are consumed rapidly
For me nausea is guaranteed beyond about 12-14 shells. After 3 hours at the tanoa, I'll take a big break or stop altogether.
I've never had the double-vision, but know a guy who had it after an ~8hr session drinking mystery kava from the Lautoka market. Lesson: don't overdo it.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Nostalgia, my family called them slippers in PA but I said where are my slippers to my southern girlfriend and she said where are your what?
Oh don't worry, in the UK all the young guys wear trainers, especially to the gym.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
For me nausea is guaranteed beyond about 12-14 shells. After 3 hours at the tanoa, I'll take a big break or stop altogether.
I've never had the double-vision, but know a guy who had it after an ~8hr session drinking mystery kava from the Lautoka market. Lesson: don't overdo it.
12 - 14?!?! How much root do you use to prepare that many shells? I like to get 2 shells in quickly and then stop.