What's new

Normal Side Effects of Kava

KavaCat

Meow.
It's worth mentioning that boroguru and heavy kavas are the most likely to make me irritable, too. Now that I sit back and think about it. I've noticed from looking at existing chemotype charts that the ones I don't like are usually 46xxx, and I prefer strongly 42xxxx. Haven't had any that start with 2's yet.

Blippy5

Certified Noble
With me, when it happens, it is almost always after boroguru. But I've had it happen on GHK kavas as well, which all test very light and noble. Either way, it's very infrequent. I think the irritability of the kava wearing off exacerbates the depression symptoms.
I find that kava helps to elevate my depression. It may be related to how much of a role anxiety plays. But then again, depression is different for everyone, and kava effects us all a bit differently.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I've got one to add: shivers.

Sometimes, like tonight, I get the shivers when I'm krunked. I drank a huge bowl of Kalm with Kava Loa Waka and it's incredibly clean, strong, and effective. But damnit if I don't have shivers going up and down my body. This happens all the time, but I just never really noticed it until tonight when I was meditating.

KrunkAsAskunk

Kava Curious
i dont understand this double vision crap. for me, there is just a point where any more kava will only make me sick and add nothing to how krunk i feel

verticity

I'm interested in things
I've got one to add: shivers.

Sometimes, like tonight, I get the shivers when I'm krunked. I drank a huge bowl of Kalm with Kava Loa Waka and it's incredibly clean, strong, and effective. But damnit if I don't have shivers going up and down my body. This happens all the time, but I just never really noticed it until tonight when I was meditating.
I get this as well, which is odd considering that kava is supposed to be a "relaxant" But it is a complex plant with a stimulating effect also.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
Kava side effects for me
.Dry eyes and mouth
.Dehydration
.Laxative effect
.Sinus decongestant
.Minor dry skin with heavy use
.Lethargy with some cultivars and in heavy use
.Decreased appetite but this seems to be cultivar dependent
.Increased heart rate with some cultivars
.Increase in libido
.Changes in sound and music
.Relaxation
There are probably a few more, but I can't think of any at the moment.
Increases the wifu's libido, can kill mine... Conundrum...