What's new

Vanuatu3 limited edition kava from kava by rex

kavalover said:
I think mostly the reason for the lack of numbness is because we quickly chug the bowls of kava. There isn't prolonged exposure as there is if say you swish the kava around in your mouth, you'll go numb.
Haha it makes sense now. Yeah, my throat gets more numb than my mouth but I find the corners of my mouth become the most numb from pressing them against the cup.

kl.new2kava

Kava Enthusiast
I just ordered a pound of V3 today, it's the first time I've seen available when I have money to order kava. I have about 2/3 of 1/2 a kilo of Fu'u and one sessions worth of boroguru to keep me occupied in the meantime. I actaully checked KBR hoping they would have tudei back in stock as I really enjoy it, but that was still out and I saw V3 and jumped on it.

kavalover

Outsider
V3 was my favorite kava until I met the Fu'u, then it became my second favorite kava. It doesn't seem to have as raving of reviews as it did when I first tried it about 4 or 5 months ago. Not sure what happened, I haven't tried it since then. Let us know how ya like it.

kl.new2kava

Kava Enthusiast
I got my van3 today. It has a very fine grind being practically micronized with a few small woody particles. It also has a very lighter being even lighter than the fu'u making it a white kava for sure. The smell and taste are very mild and it is easy to make a quite strong few shells that go down easy and gang up on you. The effect is very cerebral and euphoric much the like the fu'u but a little more goofy and giggly. The 27$ a pound price tag makes it a great deal for sure, it's not crazy strong like say stone or tudei but definatly a high kavain strain good for weekdays and afternoon shells.

kl.new2kava

Kava Enthusiast
Holy crap, they are out again. I think it was only there for 5 or 6 days. I guess next time I should order 2 pounds and save on shipping, there still out of tudei much to my dismay.

kavalover

Outsider
Yeah, V3 usually flies off right as it becomes available. Long I've seen it available was 2 weeks lol. Definitely gotta buy immediately to insure you'll get some.

kl.penguinbrah

Kava Curious
any new reviews on this new batch? I think I'm expecting my delivery tomorrow... pretty damn excited to try this out for the first time!

kl.Gray Owl

Kava Enthusiast
First time trying Van3, it reminds me a lot of BKH Green Instant, in a very good way, it's a bit less peppery than Green, but has a stronger kava smell to it. When I first opened the bag, I wondered if it was actually an instant the powder was so fine, but when I strained it there were some bigger fibers in there. This seems like a white kava, like Fu'u, but even lighter in color. The effects seem pretty nice, I haven't got effects this strong in awhile, it feels very mellow, definitely krunk. I did 64g with 3g of lecithin granules and 1 tsp of Amylase, warm water to 700 ml and lots of shaking, using my shake method.

kl.penguinbrah

Kava Curious
Gray Owl said:
First time trying Van3, it reminds me a lot of BKH Green Instant, in a very good way, it's a bit less peppery than Green, but has a stronger kava smell to it. When I first opened the bag, I wondered if it was actually an instant the powder was so fine, but when I strained it there were some bigger fibers in there. This seems like a white kava, like Fu'u, but even lighter in color. The effects seem pretty nice, I haven't got effects this strong in awhile, it feels very mellow, definitely krunk. I did 64g with 3g of lecithin granules and 1 tsp of Amylase, warm water to 700 ml and lots of shaking, using my shake method.
shit i tried this stuff today for the first time and it is the best kava I've ever tried! I took two tblspoons mixed with 4 oz coconut water and 4 oz warm water and kneaded the stocking for 10 min and the result was awesome. The drink was somewhat powdery but it tasted great in my opinion... great as kava can taste - i've acquired a taste for kava I think, and I actually enjoy it. I was immediately relaxed and had a smile on my face. I felt so calm, peaceful, and just at ease. Best Kava i've tried so far, I like it better than the fresh frozen kava from paradise actually. I mixed the two together just now.. 9 grams of the fresh frozen and 4 table spoons of the v3 blended together, strained, kneaded, and 2 more tablespoons of the v3 kneaded in another stocking all in the same liquid of 11 oz cocnut water and 4 oz warm water. Result was great and I'm feeling good right now.... relaxed listenin to some bob marley.. taste was great also though a little thick.. I actually think it was better by itself kneaded only in the afternoon. Nonetheless, this stuff was a success! Hope the instant green that's on its way tops this! 
do you have a link to directions for your shake method? Also the smell is quite strong- I could smell it through the bag that it was mailed in.

kl.KarmaG

Kava Enthusiast
Dare I say that after 2 trials with Van3, I think I prefer the Tongan Pride. However, I've only had Tongan Pride once as I didn't make enough for 2 days worth. I'll give them both more trials, of course, but I think I prefer the uplifting and social effects of the Tongan. I enjoy the Van3 as well, but it doesn't hit me the same way. To each his/her own. I just feel a bit left out since everyone seems to feel that the Van3 is the best thing since sliced bread. That being said, I'm having a bit of difficulty typing after 4 shells of the Van3 and am enjoying the hell out of the You'se a Viper song (thanks Nihilist!) so it's a good night here.
A few hours later: I've had another couple of shells (6 total) and I am absolutely krunk. This stuff may grow on me. It's definitely got a nice effect once it kicks in, it just felt like it took a while to get there. I feel like I've just had 4+ beers. That's me for the night. Whew!

kl.Gray Owl

Kava Enthusiast
penguinbrah said:
Gray Owl said:
shit i tried this stuff today for the first time and it is the best kava I've ever tried! I took two tblspoons mixed with 4 oz coconut water and 4 oz warm water and kneaded the stocking for 10 min and the result was awesome. The drink was somewhat powdery but it tasted great in my opinion... great as kava can taste - i've acquired a taste for kava I think, and I actually enjoy it. I was immediately relaxed and had a smile on my face. I felt so calm, peaceful, and just at ease. Best Kava i've tried so far, I like it better than the fresh frozen kava from paradise actually. I mixed the two together just now.. 9 grams of the fresh frozen and 4 table spoons of the v3 blended together, strained, kneaded, and 2 more tablespoons of the v3 kneaded in another stocking all in the same liquid of 11 oz cocnut water and 4 oz warm water. Result was great and I'm feeling good right now.... relaxed listenin to some bob marley.. taste was great also though a little thick.. I actually think it was better by itself kneaded only in the afternoon. Nonetheless, this stuff was a success! Hope the instant green that's on its way tops this! 
do you have a link to directions for your shake method? Also the smell is quite strong- I could smell it through the bag that it was mailed in. 
As far as I know, the shake method is something that I came up with.  I read that kava is an emulsion and thought about common methods for making emulsions and what would be the most effective.  I didn't want to use a blender, too noisy and cleanup is a pain.  Then I thought of things like butter, salad dressing and mayonnaise--if you're making it at home from scratch, shaking is a great way to do it.  I just use a 32 oz wide mouth water bottle like you would get for camping or hiking, chuck the stuff in it and shake, then pour through the strainer bag into a bowl.  If you want to pour it back into the bottle for keeping, then a funnel is highly recommended so you don't make a mess.  When I went camping, I just used two bottles and put the strainer bag over the mouth of the second bottle.  When I'm measuring the kava, I just put the empty bottle on the scale, tare it, then add kava to the weight that I'm going for, usually 60 grams--it's kind of stupid, but it took me awhile to think of that, previously I was weighing the kava in a bowl and then transferring it to the bottle with a spoon, which was kind of messy.

kl.KarmaG

Kava Enthusiast
Interesting method, Gray Owl. I hate doing dishes and this seems fairly mess-free so I think I'm going to give your method a try. Seems pretty straightforward - just a couple of questions. How long do you shake for generally? Am I correct in assuming that you use the same ratio as you would using the squeezing method? I usually measure mine out in tbsp so I want to be sure. Do you find that you get the same effects with this as with squeezing or blending? I'm assuming you do or you wouldn't use this method but it doesn't hurt to ask. Do you squeeze out the root at the end or reuse or anything? Cool idea. Thanks!

Buddhacide

Kava Enthusiast
I ordered some too. Hopefully it lives up to the hype. I'm not crazy about the Fiji Waka or the Tongan Pride ive dabbled in the last week. May have not done enough though.

This is really clean tasting kava. Has a very smooth powdery texture. Enjoyable vanilla like aroma. Every shell tastes better than the one before. Mostly cerebral effects, relaxing , uplifting , and potent!   Great bang for buck here.

kl.new2kava

Kava Enthusiast
I was not overly impressed with van3. I'd heard so much hype that I thought it would be the fire. I tend to be more of a high DHM enjoyer so my judgement is failry biased. I hated the grind, parts were practically micronized mixed in chunkds and fibers. I liked the fu'u because I could drink it like an instant and not bother to knead and strain. But this stuff I couldn't do that with and was nearly impossible to squeeze. I broke my strainer bag and could only properly knead and squeeze when it was mixed with a more coarsly ground kava like boroguro, the mix was grand. I'm kinda offset with the new batches at KBR lately, first the van3 and the tudei which was my absolute favorite came back and was totally rated G. I'd say that that last batch of van3 was basically a half assed ghetto fu'u, the taste was great though.