What's new

I Love Kava Friday Friday Thread: Freedom Friday!

D

Deleted User01

You can hookup with our group "Pan Fried Polygamists" and make it extra special !!
Ok, looks like we already have special interest subgroups. That's good. It shows diversity and makes it more likely for us to get some "govmint money". Now, if we get them to paint the sidewalks in front of the fried chicken joints (in honor of us), what color would we choose? Also, we need to have a big Pan Fried Rally downtown. Only Pan Fried Food Trucks are allowed to sell their wares.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Okay, I'm the ultimate minority: one single individual. I'll be needing the entire planet to think and act like I want them to, and if you can't do that you're just a bunch of intolerant bigots.

There, that should make those "special interest" groups happy, now I'm acting just like them!
It's OK Deleted User, we are fully accepting of folks like you with curly pubic hair growing on your head, even though I heard it was a wig.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
It's OK Deleted User, we are fully accepting of folks like you with curly pubic hair growing on your head, even though I heard it was a wig.
What a coincidence, that's our call sign how members of our group identify each other by wearing colored pubic hair styled wigs.

nhoeg

Kava Manliness
You guys should read the works of good ol' Søren Kierkegaard. The one philosopher who said "Truth is subjectivity". There you all have it - the correct answer about everything, and why it makes sense that we all never will agree on basic values - especially in terms of religion.

Have a good day. :)

verticity

I'm interested in things
Oh, so you're one of those wig-hating arrested development types who never grew pubic hair, huh? I'm offended, you owe me $100,000,000,000.00. Pay up.
No man, I never watched Arrested Development, but I heard it was a good show. And if I choose to wear a pubic wig, that is my business.

verticity

I'm interested in things
You guys should read the works of good ol' Søren Kierkegaard. The one philosopher who said "Truth is subjectivity". There you all have it - the correct answer about everything, and why it makes sense that we all never will agree on basic values - especially in terms of religion.

Have a good day. :)
Indeed, he was a Great Dane. But if "truth is subjectivity", then that is kind of by definition not the correct answer about everything (think about it for a minute...)

Bubba Bula

krunkadelic relic
Much of the problem comes from the popular definition of "tolerance". It doesn't mean that I have to change my beliefs and practices to accommodate you, and it most certainly doesn't mean that if you are offended by my beliefs and practices, I have committed a crime. Yet this is what current legislation mandates: it makes your emotions my responsibility, and that is both unjust and juvenile.
@Deleted User
It has been my experience in life that those who make great pains to declare something are the ones to keep an eye on. For example, its those who shout about tolerance that are often the least tolerant among us. With those guys, you are free to believe anything you want as long as they believe it too. If you disagree, then there is no reasoning with them and in certain circumstances they will have it out for you -- so watch your back.

Found this on Drudge today.
http://time.com/3938050/orthodox-christians-must-now-learn-to-live-as-exiles-in-our-own-country/

verticity

I'm interested in things
@Deleted User
It has been my experience in life that those who make great pains to declare something are the ones to keep an eye on. For example, its those who shout about tolerance that are often the least tolerant among us. With those guys, you are free to believe anything you want as long as they believe it too. If you disagree, then there is no reasoning with them and in certain circumstances they will have it out for you -- so watch your back.

Found this on Drudge today.
http://time.com/3938050/orthodox-christians-must-now-learn-to-live-as-exiles-in-our-own-country/
That is an interesting and well-reasoned article. I don't agree with the conclusion that we have entered an era where Christians are "exiles" within our country... but appreciate the perspective.