What's new

Hi!

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Well, hello there ...::ricky:: I mean, "Welcome to the Kava Forums". :LOL: I think strong means potent. Which means you should get effects. Good luck.
That's what I meant, but it also has a strong flavour. OTOH, the first few shells I had to chase it but by the fourth I was sipping it so the flavour would last longer. It has a disinctive and strong very specifically Vanuatu very kavaish flavour. You hate it till you love it. But till you do you might wish to have a strong chaser handy, like ginger or ginger beer or something with ginger in it. And then add ginger to it.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I drink apple cider vinegar and water, so hopefully it won't be unbearable to me.
That's a good sign.

Personally I love the taste, but I also like apple cider vinegar, and opera and poetry and 8-track tapes and even liver. De gustibus non est disputandem (latin for: some people actually enjoy line dancing) All I'm saying is don't take one sip recoil in horror and throw the rest away. I'm saying take one sip recoil in horror and mail the rest of it to Krunkie McKrunkface c/o Kavaforums

oh, also do not follow the instructions on the Bula Kava House package for Nangol Noble or any of their other products. He tells you to prep the root at a 3 or 4:1 ratio to water and then throw away the makas after a single wash. Do not throw away those makas! Mail them to Krunkie McKunkface c/o Kavaforums. Also, it's so strong I would recommend a 6:1 ratio on the first wash maybe even 7:1. And it'll go for three washes. I went 6, 4, and 3 over three washes.

TamMark

Kava Curious
So...I eagerly made a batch using 2 tablespoons and two cups of water. I drank one cup so far. How long until I should drink the other?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
So...I eagerly made a batch using 2 tablespoons and two cups of water. I drank one cup so far. How long until I should drink the other?
If your stomach is good and empty you should feel kavas full effect in 5-15 minutes, and possibly up to 30. From there you can drink more or call it a night and melt into the nearest couch :)

TamMark

Kava Curious
Felt something I think, like really relaxed. More research needed I suppose. I ended up drinking the batch I made. Slight headache at the moment.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Hello, and a belated welcome, TamMark. I also enjoy apple cider vinegar and liver. Not at the same time, but, you know...

TamMark

Kava Curious
Good morning! Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Had a rough night sleep. I kept waking up off and on. Usually when I wake up like that, I have heart palpitations. Last night however did not. Even after my daughter woke me up to kill a huge spider in her wall. Lol! Had to wake poor hubby up for that task! Weird dream about lions... I'm going to persevere and try again tonight. The taste though....blech. I bought a bottle of unsweetened ginger drink. Double bleach. But wanted to be prepared if I got tummy troubles. I'm on a low carb way of life at the moment which is why it was unsweetened. I will continue to report my journey. Have a great day.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I drank kava daily for two months before anything happened except the dreams, and it took 6 months before I liked the taste, fwiw......

However I went from obese to normal weight in 7 months, cured 45 years of alcoholism and an often-crippling lifelong pervasive inflammatory condition. And my dandruff. And had fun in the process.

TamMark

Kava Curious
Drinking kava tea right now to get it in my system faster. Hopefully I don't fall asleep at my desk here at work from lack of sleep combined with It! #obsessed

D

Deleted User01

Yeah, it may take a week or so before you really feel the effects. As for the taste, I just wash out my mouth after I gulp down a shell. Normally you do a shell every 20 to 30 minutes. I'm a light weight and for a long time, so 2 doses does it for me. You may need to ingest 3 to 4 a day to get the Kavalactones running through your system. Once they are firmly installed, then you find the minimum dosage. One more thing, your tolerance for alcohol is going to drop like a rock once you have Kavs in the blood stream. So go easy on the booze on your "alcohol days" if any.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
I drank kava daily for two months before anything happened except the dreams, and it took 6 months before I liked the taste, fwiw......

However I went from obese to normal weight in 7 months, cured 45 years of alcoholism and an often-crippling lifelong pervasive inflammatory condition. And my dandruff. And had fun in the process.
My dandruff just migrated from my scalp to my neck and hands. Gotta remember to stay hydrated.

Kavacoordinate

Kava Enthusiast
The fun thing about kava is this community is so-so open and not just willing to help but excited to help. And the neat thing is that different chemo types or varietals will affect you differently than they might affect your husband. But I really enjoy trying new stuff all of the notable vendors on this site are very helpful. Just get ready to enjoy the journey. I just got done with some 24 wave from Steve at Ozia Naturals. I seem to like the Fijian and Tongan kavas the most. They're easy on the palette. And they for the most part seem to be more heady. Rather than the heavier kavas that I've had from Vanuatu. You also might try some of the kava candy that Steve sells. I enjoy it as part of the whole process. And if you get something that's very peppery or overly strong before you're used to kava it contributes to the kava drinking session and it helps with the flavor