What's new

Hi!

TamMark

Kava Curious
Took my nap first and just whipped up a batch. Definitely got a lot darker than yesterday using the blender. And frothy. Still tastes yucky. I added some coconut milk to the mix while blending. You know what's strange, people talk about how it makes their lips numb, it makes MY tongue numb. I feel the tingles down my leg. Justly drank a cup 10 minutes ago. I will report back later.

theGrogfather

Sipping on Waka juice. Laid back
You know what's strange, people talk about how it makes their lips numb, it makes MY tongue numb. I feel the tingles down my leg. Justly drank a cup 10 minutes ago. I will report back later.
I get the leg tinkles almost immediately after my first shell as well. Maybe because I'm on my feet all day and those muscles appreciate the lactones most? Also, my whole mouth goes numb :happy:
Hopefully the taste becomes something you begin to enjoy one day!

TamMark

Kava Curious
Good morning my new friends an happy Friday! I feel really good this morning. Hopefully it's from my new found friend. One thing I did notice is my skin is beginning to feel dryer. In fact, when applying my makeup this morning, it literally felt like I wasn't putting anything on because my face absorbed it like a sponge. I've always drank a lot of water and also take multi vitamins. I guess I will wait and see what happens. Might have to bring out the good old coconut oil again. Also, I woke up with my jaw hurting and clicking a bit on the left side! What the heck is that about? Maybe I grinded my teeth in my sleep? Never happened before. Also after drinking my first "shell" (cup) last night, I found myself feeling wide eyed and having to force myself to blink while staring at the tv. LOL! It was funny to me.
Tonight I plan on drinking more than usual. After all it is Friday!:)

Last edited:

TamMark

Kava Curious
I hope people don't get annoyed when I post a lot. I tend to take things to extreme...and can obsess over things...and I know I'm early in the game, but I seem to have gotten my motivation back to exercise. I've always been big on trying to take care of myself in the sense of eating right and trying to keep my weight under control. I have been doing low carb for the past 10 years off and on with literally one week increments off. I would walk during my lunch break, weather permitting, no matter if I had a buddy to walk with or not. More motivated by a buddy. The past two days I managed to have a buddy walk with me as I found myself craving the exercise after being too tired and lazy for the past 3 months to do so. Today said buddy is leaving work early an could not. And guess what...I went without her! I'm really hoping this isn't a fluke (read: placebo affect), but you know what, even if it is, I'll take it. But really, hopefully it isn't!

TamMark

Kava Curious
Work is slow...Anyway, I'm keeping a journal on my Kava journey. I also wanted to mention that things that make people tired, make me wired and things that make people wired make me tired. I'm noticing Kava makes me feel wired. Wired but calm. Interesting...

TamMark

Kava Curious
I have a dilemma!! My friend just asked me to go to the winery tomorrow. We usually get something called a wine tree which is a sampling of about 7 different wines, than a glass. Is it ok just to do the tree? She likes to go early too (12). Should I not drink Kava tonight or is it ok to and than just drink in moderation tomorrow?

Dr.Krunk

Certified Quack
Well the correct answer is to not drink alcohol and kava together at all. With that said there's many who have on some occasion for whatever reason. Kava will potentiate the effects of alcohol greatly, generally the negative ones. It's a good rule to not consume both within a period of 24 hours if possible. I'm sure your liver would thank you!

I've personally have had experiences where I've had kava earlier in the day and had some beers with some friends at night that I didn't initially plan on. I didn't have any noticeable negative effects. Of course this is not medical advice, just personal experience!

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I have a dilemma!! My friend just asked me to go to the winery tomorrow. We usually get something called a wine tree which is a sampling of about 7 different wines, than a glass. Is it ok just to do the tree? She likes to go early too (12). Should I not drink Kava tonight or is it ok to and than just drink in moderation tomorrow?
what do you WANT to do?

TamMark

Kava Curious
I saved the leftover grinds from the previous sessions, and just whipped up another batch using just them. It was a lot thicker.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Hm, usually my later washes are appreciably thinner. That doesn't mean there is any reason to assume they are weak or harmless. Many's the thin grey ghost of kava past I've had kick me in the forehead, especially for breakfast. I love it.

TamMark

Kava Curious
Ended up drinking one glass of wine with no adverse affects. Now getting ready to go see the new Annabelle movie with hubs and drinking some Kava. I know it isn't a good idea to mix the two and won't make it a habit. But it makes me motivated and the movie is late. Lol. Have a great night all!

Last edited:

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Enjoy... just stop and drink lots of water if you feel hot from the wine.. that's a sign the alcohol isn't processing well..

I'm glad your enjoying kava ...if you get stimulated easily .. use hot water more than cold water to make your kava ...
Cold water extracts pull out more stimulating compounds and hot pulls out more sedative.
Same strains different preps can make me anxious or be anxiety releivers!

TamMark

Kava Curious
Well I just had a pretty cool experience. I decided to whip up a cup of kava and sit on my deck because it's beautiful out. As I was sitting there enjoying the feeling of the Kava going though my system, the most beautiful monarch butterfly landed on my hand. It stayed there for a good 5 minutes before flying to my knee for another minute or two. Than it circled me and landed on the table ai was sitting at. My mom passed away a few months ago. Found myself talking to the butterfly...pretty awesome experience.