What's new

Co2 Extract update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
We may start with a 50 gram size only. I think this product will be really popular for daily kava users, and 20 grams won't last long if someone is using it daily.
I think you are spot on there, woke up and had a 3 gram size serving, It was lovely :)

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Thanks for the input on this, y'all. I hope you're enjoying your extract. Based on your input, I plan to slightly increase the orange and vanilla flavor. I may increase the potency, but I'm hesitant. Because the majority of the cost is in the extract, and due to the steeply increasing price of kava, jumping up the potency from say, 150 mg. of kavalactones per gram to 225 mg. per gram, would result in nearly a 50% increase in price. That means what was once a reasonable $50 50 gram tube, would then be around $72. More extract would also heavily affect the flavor. I'm sure you noticed how easy going down the extract is in it's current state. I think people will appreciate that.

It will be a little while longer until the extract is available for sale. Right after I sent out the samples, the extractor crapped out on me. Apeks said I should send it back to be refurbished (don't ask how much it costs to ship a 650 lb. machine from Portland to Ohio). A trucker is picking it up Monday or Tuesday, it will take over a week to get to Apeks, they'll take a few days to get it running right, before sending it back which will take another week. Once I get it back it should be pumping out extract like nobody's business, and I can quickly get some paste mixed up and added to the online store. Once again, thanks for your patience, I know how many of you are waiting for this product; I get daily emails. It'll definitely be worth the wait.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
@Bula Kava House
Been thinking about the tube for the extract. I just finished up my last jar of PK's extract (RIP), and I found myself stressing over that small amount just under the lip. I think the tube would be a better option (and cheaper?), that way I can cut it open and bogart every last yummy drop!

About the strength, well after using your sample a few times I think it is about right. If I want to get a Kava buzz, traditional prep is the best way to go. I've used the extract for a quick relaxer after a hard day of work not a krunk session. My kava experiences tend to go like this: Kava Candies in my morning coffee or if my middle age body aches kick in, an extract after a hard day just to relax and to add a small pep to my step, and Traditional/micro/instant as a weekend/Friday couch lock or krunked session! ( The wifu tends to prefer the extract for ummm personal reasons... Giggidy!)

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
If you were to use the nangol noble or other strain, would that affect the price?
Price of the kava used will definitely affect the price of the extract. Nangol Noble is pretty reasonable actually, so it could be used and not make the price increase too much.

Last edited:

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Would the nangol yield mote kavalactones?
Borogu, what was used in the batch you tried, has a pretty similar kavalactone percentage typically. A batch with Nangol may have a little higher KL concentration, but it wouldn't be drastically different.

Zentri

Kava Enthusiast
Did you get your extractor repaired? I hope it wasn't too much trouble.

I'm interested in trying/buying some with Borogu or Nangol Noble :)

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Did you get your extractor repaired? I hope it wasn't too much trouble.

I'm interested in trying/buying some with Borogu or Nangol Noble :)
Just heard from Apeks today. They had to completely refurbish it.

The repair process unfortunately has been a whole lot of trouble and very expensive. Just shipping it required buying lumber, following their directions to build a crate, and scheduling a freight pickup. Shipping alone is costing about $1,200. Ouch!

Good thing is that once I have it, it will be running like a champ, pumping out extract like it's going out of style.

Thanks for your patience!

Zentri

Kava Enthusiast
Damn, I feel for you. That is costly and I know unexpected large costs like that are never fun, sorry man!

I wish you the best, I hope Apeks repairs it nicely and it works smoothly from now on that you've dialed in the settings you need?

No hurry definitely, in these matters I have patience :)

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
It's all good. Bringing awesome products to market is always going to be expensive.

Apeks has informed me that it's running like a well oiled machine, because, ya know... It is a well oiled machine...

I should have the thing back in a week or so. Should be making extract soon after that.

Judd

Pat-Attack

Kava Curious
Hey-O! Any word on the extract, ha. been keeping my eye on this, also just read about your bottled kava, can't wait for some awesome new stuff from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.