What's new

Co2 Extract update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Señor Chuggs

Friend of Kava
I'm trying to figure out where he gets all his extracts now that paradise is no longer making them.
@Kapmcrunk 's secret stash. Judd climbs through his chimney and skimms off a little bit out of each jar so he wont notice. Hes going for a Robin Hood/Santa Clause kind of thing, which might be good for the product if its marketed correctly.

Anyhow, since it takes so many heists to gather extract, we really cant guess for certain how long it will take before Judd's extract will hit the market.

John Bytell

Kava Enthusiast
Probably start with just one. We want consistency and a reasonable price, so we'll likely make it with kava that we never run out of stock on, that is consistently strong and of high quality, and is reasonably priced. The Borogu would be a good bet. Taveuni has been pretty consistent as well, so I could see either of those being used.
So we're a month and a half since the last update. Are we any closer to an ETA? ::KavaChug::

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Given a choice I would rather go with Judd's than Tyler's, although Tyler's 70% seems ok.

Interesting that the new Kava Tonga from Eua smells and tastes exactly like Tyler's 70% extract (which made me feel a lot better about Tyler's extract). Since noticing that, I've found I can identify trace elements of that taste and smell in many other kavas. I say trace, more like 5 - 15% of the kava smells and tastes like that, whereas the taste and smell of the Kava Tonga is 100% exactly like the taste and smell of the RoH 70% CO2 extract.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Is this still a future offering?
It is. We've decided on a type of packaging. Unfortunately the branding that needs to be done is done in India. Once all the packaging is printed it's sent back, but the entire process takes 10 weeks. So, I hate to put a deadline on it because we've gone past so many, but this is still in the works. I would say the earliest we'll have it available is 12 weeks from now, but that's not a guarantee at all.

Judd

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
It is. We've decided on a type of packaging. Unfortunately the branding that needs to be done is done in India. Once all the packaging is printed it's sent back, but the entire process takes 10 weeks. So, I hate to put a deadline on it because we've gone past so many, but this is still in the works. I would say the earliest we'll have it available is 12 weeks from now, but that's not a guarantee at all.

Judd
Thanks Judd

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Any updates?
We're selling it at the bar in Portland. We can't put it on the site because we are very limited on how much we can make right now due to a delay at the lab that makes the co2 extract using our kava. The week it goes online, I could see thousands of tubes being ordered. What we're trying to do is get it added to Amazon where I can quietly put up a limited number of tubes. Unfortunately, Amazon support sucks and adding products in new categories is difficult. I'll make sure right when it's available on Amazon, I announce it here so you guys can grab it before it's gone.

Again, thanks for your patience.

Ya know, Oregon is beautiful this time of year. Might be a good time to make a pilgrimage to an awesome kava bar where you can grab a tube of concentrate...

Last edited:

Zaphod

Kava Lover
We're selling it at the bar in Portland. We can't put it on the site because we are very limited on how much we can make right now due to a delay at the lab that makes the h20 extract using our kava. The week it goes online, I could see thousands of tubes being ordered. What we're trying to do is get it added to Amazon where I can quietly put up a limited number of tubes. Unfortunately, Amazon support sucks and adding products in new categories is difficult. I'll make sure right when it's available on Amazon, I announce it here so you guys can grab it before it's gone.

Again, thanks for your patience.

Ya know, Oregon is beautiful this time of year. Might be a good time to make a pilgrimage to an awesome kava bar where you can grab a tube of concentrate...
Any chance you can get one of your bar patrons to provide a review for us? Or would you be willing to pre-ship a few out to a few members of the forum to review?
Did I read that correctly above that it is a water extraction and not CO2? Thanks!

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Bula Kava House Co2 paste is up on Amazon! I only sent 50 to the fulfillment center, and Amazon only shows 6 available with 44 "reserved" (Don't ask me what that means. Amazon FBA is a mystery). If you're not quick enough to get one of the 6, check back in a day. I assume Amazon will update inventory soon. Remember, this is a Prime item, so with a membership you should get free two day shipping in the US.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Bula Kava House Co2 paste is up on Amazon! I only sent 50 to the fulfillment center, and Amazon only shows 6 available with 44 "reserved" (Don't ask me what that means. Amazon FBA is a mystery). If you're not quick enough to get one of the 6, check back in a day. I assume Amazon will update inventory soon. Remember, this is a Prime item, so with a membership you should get free two day shipping in the US.
Purchased. Thank you, Judd. The amount of work in a prepared CO2 extract product I know isn't easy. It's much appreciated.

Edit: My favorite part of the amazon listing "Do not consume the entire bottle"

Status
Not open for further replies.