What's new

Looks like Kava Europe are up and running after Christmas, aaaand

Status
Not open for further replies.

ta-va

Earth Bound
Just ordered some Fijian Taveuni. Will report back with review after I've conducted some research.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Ok, a small disclosure here... they sent me a sample of the Koro Island... All I can say is it is one of the best kavas I have ever had. It's mostly heady with lovely euphoria but you get the background body effects too and the next day glow is awesome. I really liked it. I didn't see that they had actually started selling these kavas. An order is now being placed...

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
Have they raised their prices again? 160€/KG of Kava is too much for me :(

edit: Maybe it was always that much...

Last edited:

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor

It's fair to say it's not the cheapest kava but it is by far the quickest! :) Also there are some real gems in their product range... QKP, Pentecost Pride, Malekula Magic...

Mr G

Kava Curious

I emailed them about that and I believe they were only letting it go in 250s cos of limited stock. Malekula is only root they have left (I think), but I believe there's a shipment on the way so they put the 500 and 1kg back up as options and 1kg is now around 90-95?

Also, I should point out, email the guys with queries, it looks like they've been having issues with a few web related scupperings, not to mention the other stuff we all know about, but if you mail them, their comms have improved massively, but you'd need to keep this post in mind when mailing them

http://kavaforums.com/forum/threads/kava-ban-eu-current-situation-of-kava-europe.6427/

Last edited:

Ryanakamal

Kava Curious
grrrr i was supposed to order the savu savu since nobody ordered it yet. teveuni ordered thanks to scatterbrain. :) if they read this might be an idea to sell aluballs and strainers. and bring back the sample package!

Mr G

Kava Curious
They can't sell alu balls. Alu balls are used to drink kava, they can't sell for human consumption

Mr G

Kava Curious
Anyone tried the Fijian stuff? I've not ordered in awhile, but was looking today and the site seems to have been updated, the design anyway?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Anyone tried the Fijian stuff? I've not ordered in awhile, but was looking today and the site seems to have been updated, the design anyway?
The Koro Island is completely awesome. I've been testing this one like mad ;-) and it could be the perfect kava for me. I've got the others but not had a chance to test them yet.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I'm always a bit concerned to post too much here in case we make things tricky for them legal wise but if you're into testing kavas then the Koro Island is well worth a test.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Tested the Savu Save today... not as good as the koro island on first attempt. It could be because it's the first time I've tested it but all I got was mild anti anxiety and not loads else. No euphoria to speak of and no body effects that I could notice. I will try again.

(possibly a mild sedative effect but then I am quite tired anyway so hard to tell)

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Not that I know of.

Testing the Taveuni tonight, so far so good. Anti anxiety and calmness. Not much in the way of euphoria but a mild happiness. I'll update properly once I've finished.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Ok, this is a pretty special one but I can't quite work out why... it's not obviously heady, no euphoria or ear ringing buzzing, it's not obviously heavy, no major sedation or body tingles. Despite this it's really, really relaxing. I'm going to try this one again another time and see if I can work out what's going on.

First impressions are then that the Koro Island is possibly the most awesome kava ever, heady, euphoric, happy and yet with body notes too that send you off to a warm fuzzy place that lasts until lunchtime the next day. I didn't get much out of the Savu Save, it just didn't do it for me although I am going to try it again in case it was just me. The Taveuni is relaxing, oh so relaxing but not euphoric or particularly heavy. Nice but I can't pin it down just yet. Maybe a touch sedating actually now i'm typing this...

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Update on the Taveuni... I still didn't work out what was going on with this kava last night, it got to the point where I felt drunk and had trouble coordinating but didn't really get a lot of pleasure from it. I did feel very relaxed but that just led to unsteadiness and nausea. I only managed to eat a little last night after the kava. I slept really well but woke up feeling groggy and not very happy. Overall then I won't be buying the Savu Save or the Taveuni again but I'm going to see if they sell the Koro Island by the truck load and order a few if they do, I'm sure there is a cement works near me with a spare silo...

By the way I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has done any "testing" on these kavas?

miosis

Update on the Taveuni... I still didn't work out what was going on with this kava last night, it got to the point where I felt drunk and had trouble coordinating but didn't really get a lot of pleasure from it. I did feel very relaxed but that just led to unsteadiness and nausea. I only managed to eat a little last night after the kava. I slept really well but woke up feeling groggy and not very happy. Overall then I won't be buying the Savu Save or the Taveuni again but I'm going to see if they sell the Koro Island by the truck load and order a few if they do, I'm sure there is a cement works near me with a spare silo...

By the way I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has done any "testing" on these kavas?
Sounds awesome! I'm eager to try the Koro Island kava. Have you tried any of the Kavar Root products of GKE? Pantecost Pride/Tanna/Malekula Magic etc? If so what did you think of these? Have only tried MM and want to find a kava for daytime use and also a "sleeping-pill" kava. :)

Best Regards
miosis

Status
Not open for further replies.