What's new

Looks like Kava Europe are up and running after Christmas, aaaand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Sounds awesome! I'm eager to try the Koro Island kava. Have you tried any of the Kavar Root products of GKE? Pantecost Pride/Tanna/Malekula Magic etc? If so what did you think of these? Have only tried MM and want to find a kava for daytime use and also a "sleeping-pill" kava. :)

Best Regards
miosis
I really like the koro island, I'm thinking of hiring a tipper lorry and driving up to Manchester or wherever they are and filling it up.

I've tried all the others. The Tanna Marang and Kaolik have question marks over their nobility and I have to say they made me feel a bit funny. Malekula Magic is nice and I really like Pentecost Pride. I would say PP better for daytime. I love the instant too but it can be a bit sedative so wouldn't use during the day.

Idplugg

Kava Curious
Why do you question marang and kaolik? I've always trusted GKE and haven'till done the acetone test on any of their products, and I love their marang marang, and it feels noble to me. Hopefully I'll have a new bag in a few days, and I'll perform a test and publish the results here.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
On the old acetonic test list from this site those two came up as possibly (not definitely) adulterated and they have both given me odd experiences. It could easily just be me although I did read Doug (Kavasseur) say that Kaolik made him really ill.

Schlang

Kava Curious
I think we should get a statement on this from Kava Europe directly as they are part of this community. Kavasseur must be very experienced with what he is doing. If he indeed claimed that Kaolik made him ill (reference?) I would be hesitant about buying this product.

Idplugg

Kava Curious
I think we should get a statement on this from Kava Europe directly as they are part of this community. Kavasseur must be very experienced with what he is doing. If he indeed claimed that Kaolik made him ill (reference?) I would be hesitant about buying this product.
I've only had pentecost pride and marang marang from GKE, but I've bought them several times, and I like them both. Hopefully they'll send out my marang marang today before their break, then I'll have it real soon and I can do the acetone test and publish the results here.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
http://kavaforums.com/forum/threads/tanna-marang-marang.3131/

post 13 and there is a discussion of the suspected adulteration above that.

It seems a few people including me have strange reactions to these kavas and for that reason I stay away from them and that's why I made the comment I did above. This doesn't mean they definitely are adulterated with tudei, maybe they are just a particularly strange chemotype that just happens to disagree with a few more people than most kava does. Who knows?

moff000

Kava Enthusiast
I would say GKE are going to have problems trading from the UK due to the ban on Legal highs coming into force next month? I know Kr@tom vendors are shutting down their businesses.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Maybe but I'm hoping they can get round it somehow as they are continuing to do so far.

moff000

Kava Enthusiast
From what i've been told kr@tom vendors have tried all legal avenues but have failed so i'm sure Kava will struggle also. I hope i'm wrong. The sale of kava has to be sold in the Uk with the label "not for human consumption" which is how the kr@tom vendors are able to sell.. This ban is starting from early April so i guess we will get to know very soon.

Panthau

Kava Curious
Just to be prepared, is there any alternative in Europe for noble kava? Sure we can order from oversees, but that could bring a lot of hassles.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Psychoactive ban goes effective in the UK today. Probably laying low/awaiting legal advice.
I heard a Chief of Police from somewhere in England yesterday say that they will be applying the law with some discretion. They realise they can't enforce it completely as intended and so will be focusing on the big dealers of so called legal highs. I don't think their main concern is the insignificantly small number of people who get a buzz on in the evening with some nice relaxing kava :)

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
Oh i completly forgot about that stupid law. Is it even legal to create a law where you know beforehand that you can only enforce it with some "discretion? "

But then, some kavas are available as i see now...pentecost pride for instance. Sad the GKE guy can't post anymore :(

The only other sourci know of is Gomoa .... 100g MM in stock for 13€ right now.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
On Globalkavaexports 100g costs 9.5€ if you are buying by the Kilo.
Instant Kava is more expensive because its an extract that does not need any further processing. With normal roots, you have to prepare the kava by yourself. GKEs instant powder is also rather high kavain and not comparable to a kava that is more edating such as malekula magic.

Hope i could help!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Oh i completly forgot about that stupid law. Is it even legal to create a law where you know beforehand that you can only enforce it with some "discretion? "

But then, some kavas are available as i see now...pentecost pride for instance. Sad the GKE guy can't post anymore :(

The only other sourci know of is Gomoa .... 100g MM in stock for 13€ right now.
Well the trouble is it's politicians that make the laws whether they are enforceable or not and not all politicians are that bright. I suppose they had to be seen to be doing something about people dying from legal highs but in Ireland where they were criminalised a few years ago there are now actually MORE people dying from them because the whole industry has been pushed underground. The better dealers and head shop owners knew a bit better what they were selling whereas now it's all done in a more clandestine fashion people have even less idea of what they are buying. Still take it anyway mind ;-)

There was a dealer on the same piece on the radio and he said all he will do is move to Europe and trade from there. He's registered for British tax and VAT and has a turnover of about 0.5 million pounds a year but now the treasury will lose all that tax and he'll still be operating and probably still sending stuff through to the UK anyway.

At least we now have an idea that it's not more natural herbal or other products that are being targeted but merely the nasty chemical drugs.

Mr G

Kava Curious
Why is it so cheap in comparison to GKE? Thats 1/3 of the price for the instant powder.
GKE price for products includes shipping. Gomoa does not.

I heard a Chief of Police from somewhere in England yesterday say that they will be applying the law with some discretion. They realise they can't enforce it completely as intended and so will be focusing on the big dealers of so called legal highs. I don't think their main concern is the insignificantly small number of people who get a buzz on in the evening with some nice relaxing kava :)
Yes, my understanding is the same as Edward's. The ban is more to do with the physical shops I belive and the issues around them, such as people simply hanging around them, uriniating in streets and abusing people (this is what I've heard). By getting rid of central "dealerships" the police have less to get involved in.

GKE are still shipping btw. I've just ordered. I believe stock shortages are down to simple difficulties in getting anything in from Vanuatu and the possibility that they may not be high on the suppliers' lists. I think it came up in another thread, I can't find it now but prices in Fiji and Vanuatu have also increased a great deal due to said shortgaes, so it may not be financially feasible to continue as it was, which I find very worrying tbh. This all adds to my continuing frsutration at the very slow movement of any legalisation of Kava here in the EU. Surely a legalisation would see a drop in prices?

Also, anyone in Britian might like to think about the effects of Brexit or whatever it's called. Would that effect the situation for people in UK and getting Kava in?

Status
Not open for further replies.